Is the Meteor Shower Tonight or Tomorrow Night?

People is talking about the Quadrantid Meteor Shower 2012 everywhere I go. Apparently it's going to take place this week but I want to ask you guys a question.
Is the meteor showing happening tonight or tomorrow night because I've watched the news but they didn't specify when exactly it's going to happen.
Do you live in an area where it's going to be visible? I think I won't be able to see the meteor shower from the backyard of my house, specially if it's tonight, because the sky is really cloudy. May be tomorrow the sky will be clear.
Please help me clear my doubts. Is the Quadrantid Meteor Shower tonight or is it going to happen tomorrow night?

asked by Elise in Internet | 2306 views | 01-05-2012 at 12:05 AM

According to the forecasts, in the Northern Hemisphere the peak of meteor shower is at 2:30 a.m. EST on Wednesday, January 4. That's actually tonight, not tomorrow night.
But the meteor shower time will depend on where you live exactly. For example, if you live in New York City, you will see it at the midnight of January 4, 2012 but if you live in Los Angeles, the peak hour is going to be at 11:30pm on Tuesday, Jan 3. Therefore, the meteor shower is pretty much tonight, tomorrow maybe there will still be something visible but not as much as this night.

answered by Sebastian | 01-05-2012 at 12:08 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.