Is Playing Video Games Bad For You?

Is it true what they say that playing video games is bad for your mind and brain? That's why there's so much controversy when children become addicted to them.
What's the risk of letting my child play video games for more time than what he spends doing his homework?
Because I won't let him play if it's going to be bad for his health in the long run.
Some parents have told me that video games are not bad for you and that they are harmless but I want to be sure before letting my son play them.

asked by Lauren in Internet | 1213 views | 01-03-2012 at 10:08 PM

Video games are not bad for you as soon as you don't spend all day sitting in front of the TV playing them.
Take especial care at the moment of buying your child a video game. First make sure it has no violence or anything that might perturb the young mind of the little one. If she/he gets into it and starts spending too much time in front of it, there you have a problem, that's when video games are bad for you. While these games are good to improve concentration and reflections, the abusive use of them can end up being amazingly harmful. Kids might learn new aggressive habits that a child is not supposed to have.

answered by Sabrina | 01-03-2012 at 10:10 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.