Is Genetically Modified Food Safe to Eat?

How can genetically modified food affect my health? Because I've heard that I should avoid it since it's not safe to eat. But I don't understand, what's so dangerous about it?
Is it possible to tell a difference in the taste, because I heard that some of the food companies sell their genetically modified food as normal and they never tell you it's been engineered in labs.
Why do some experts consider genetically modified food dangerous and not safe to eat? Should we keep our children away from it?

asked by Theresa in Foods | 992 views | 01-03-2012 at 08:35 PM

While many experts in this matter consider that even though genetically modified food does not represent any danger to our health, it's better to keep ourselves and especially our children away from it. There's practically no difference in the taste when compared to normal food, and according to some doctors, it does not affect our body in any way, unless the person has already developed some allergy or disease that doesn't allow him to consume genetically engineered food.
So the official word is that genetically modified food is safe to eat but just in case, I would stay away from it because we really don't have enough information right now.

answered by Darlene | 01-03-2012 at 08:38 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.