Is Martin Luther King Day a Federal & Bank Holiday?

I was wondering about Martin Luther King day which is a holiday but I don't know which type, whether a federal or a bank holiday. It is observed on the third Monday of January each year but it's not clear for me whether Martin Luther King day is a federal or a bank holiday and I think it causes confusion to many people who don't get the difference. Could someone explain this to me? I would be very grateful. Is Martin Luther King Day a Federal & Bank Holiday or is it just another normal day of the month?

asked by Kinley in Holidays | 2231 views | 12-28-2011 at 05:36 AM

The answer is yes, Martin Luther King day is a federal & bank holiday, which is the same. This year, Martin Luther King day has been on 17, January and everyone should know about it.
This federal & bank holiday, which is one of the most important for the United States, or it should be is taught in school when you're a little kid, so I'm surprise you don't know about it. If you need further information read a little about Martin Luther King's day and its history or how did it come to be a federal & bank holiday. Nowadays people only know that they don't have to work on that day.

answered by Clayton | 12-28-2011 at 05:39 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.