Easy Sugar Cookie Recipe From Scratch?

I need a recipe to make easy sugar cookie's from scratch because today's my little brother's birthday and I have no time to go and buy them. As I don't know much about cooking I need this recipe to let me know in a few steps how to make easy sugar cookies from scratch. I don't have many ingredients at home it has to require the least. I also need to make them quickly because the ones on the internet are kind of complicated. Can you give me any recipe to make easy sugar cookies from scratch?

asked by Lila in Cooking & Recipes | 6003 views | 12-22-2011 at 10:07 AM

This is an easy recipe to make sugar cookies (almost) from scratch:
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

As you see, there are few ingredients so you can do it from scratch by omitting some of them when making your sugar cookies so it's easy. Preheat oven to 190 degrees C. Find a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside. Now get a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until the mix is smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Now blend in the dry ingredients gradually. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the sugar cookies are golden golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks. I hope you find this recipe easy so you make delicious sugar cookies from scratch!

answered by Kate | 12-22-2011 at 10:08 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.