Higgs Boson God Particle Explained?

Do you know what is the famous "God Particle"? I've heard about it lot of times but I don't know what is it. For what it would be useful? And also, why is now popular? Finally, who is Higgs Boson? I think he is the inventor (or discoverer) of the particle but I'm not sure even about that.
Everybody is talking about the God Particle and this guy Higgs Boson as if it were a big deal, like some new breakthrough in science has been reached. Can anyone explain all the particle thing to me?

asked by Axel in Internet | 1166 views | 12-15-2011 at 02:00 PM

I'll try to explain it in a way that's easy to understand. This subatomic particle, the God Particle (its also called the Higgs Boson particle), is supposed to be playing a fundamental role in the workings of the universe, that's why is target number one for the scientist working with the world’s most powerful atom smasher, the Large Hadron Collider. The reason why you have heard about it a lot recently, is because the scientist said that it has almost been discovered.
Peter Higgs first predicted its existence in 1964, but proof has been a long time coming, that's why it's so important to find!
I hope you find my explanation useful.

answered by Darla | 12-15-2011 at 02:06 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.