Geminids Meteor Shower December 2011?

I'm looking forward to seeing the December 2011 Geminids Meteor Shower tonight. Does anybody know at what time and what day is the Geminids meteor shower peak in December? I witnessed the meteor shower a couple of years ago and it was awesome, I would like to tape it this time and then possibly upload it to the web. By the way, is the Geminids meteor shower considered to be different from other showers for any reason?

asked by Asteroid in Astronomy & Space | 1505 views | 12-15-2011 at 12:10 AM

I think we'd all like to catch the Geminids meteor shower on tape and get it uploaded right awa. The Geminids Meteor Shower is taking place on December 13t, 2011 and it also will be ther on December 14th. The Geminids are said to be different (and by that more beautiful) from other meteor showers because the slow and bright meteors are believed to be created by debris that is supposedly released from an asteroid-like object called 3200 Phaethon. I've watched the Geminids meteor shower before and it's something that you don't want to miss. I'll try to get video of the phenomenon tonight. If I get lucky, no clouds will be on my way.

answered by Sky | 12-15-2011 at 12:15 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.