God Particle Black Hole Danger?

Many people are talking about the God Particle Machine which would recreate the Big Bang and so would prove that theory right. However, I reckon it might be dangerous to all of us, because of the black holes it could generate. Wouldn't that be the end of the world?
I'm very scared of black holes, I think they pose a big danger to planet earth. If this God Particle is going to create a black hole they should stop investigating it.

asked by Samantha in Internet | 2513 views | 12-14-2011 at 10:45 PM

You shouldn't be scared about the God particles creating black wholes. Actually, this machine (the Hadron Collider) accelerate protons to nearly the speed of light and make them crash to each other. When that collision takes place, the whole thing is really violent, so much that it would create a flurry of exotic particles.

It might also create microscopic black holes, but that is not dangerous because they would dissipate quickly since they are so small. So there's little room to think of danger taking into account that the size of the black holes and their duration would not be enough to cause damage whatsoever.
Many people is scared of the God Particle but I think it's harmless and it won't even get anywhere near to creating a black hole.

answered by Calvin | 12-14-2011 at 10:50 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.