Is JR Martinez black, African American or Hispanic?

JR Martinez won Dancing With The Stars 2011 and I couldn't be more happy for him. But I have a question about his race and ethnicity.
Is JR Martinez black (African American) or maybe Hispanic (Mexican)? I ask because even though his face got burned in an accident a while ago, his skin is clearly brown and I've seen pictures of JR Martinez before he had all those scars. I think he's black, or African American just like Obama, I mean mixed race.
In the photos, his skin tone is dark and he looks like he's half black or maybe he's Hispanic.
My question about JR Martinez being black is just out of curiosity, where was he born? Are his parents from Mexico?

asked by Simon in Television | 8750 views | 11-23-2011 at 09:44 PM

JR Martinez's mom is Hispanic. Her name is Maria Zavala and she's from El Salvador that's located in Central America.
JR's dad was black or African American but he never got to meet him because he abandoned the family so not very much is know about him.
JR Martinez is of African and Central American descent, that makes him half black and half Hispanic.
His race and ethnicity are mixed.
Since he was born in Shreveport, Louisiana he is American. I hope my answers cleared your doubts about JR Martinez.
He is such an amazing guy.

answered by Kinley | 11-23-2011 at 09:44 PM

He is human get used to it. It doesn't matter what race, ethnicity or color he is. He can be Asian, black, African American, Hispanic. It's just a color.
The most important thing is that he is a wonderful person.

answered by tart | 12-15-2011 at 10:36 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.