Green Bean Casserole in Crock Pot Recipe?

I am about to make green bean casserole in the crock pot. The beans are fresh and I don't have a recipe so I sort of follow my own instincts.
The thing is, after starting to prepare the green bean casserole in the crock pot I realized that I definitely need a recipe if I want good results.
So I'm looking for an easy one with all the steps and ingredients to prepare green bean casserole.
Tried searching the web but got a bit overwhelmed by the amount of recipes and they're not exactly for the crock pot. Would you kindly recommend a recipe to me?

asked by Chelsea in Foods | 4231 views | 11-23-2011 at 07:19 PM

I have a simple easy Green Bean Casserole recipe for crock pot. You can buy the amounts of food depending on how many you are cooking for.
I'll give you the original recipe, but if you want, you can step out of the box a little and do a variation.
Green Bean Casserole is a dish that you can play with when it comes to the ingredients, some change the recipes a bit to get yummier results.
Anyway, here's the recipe for Green Bean Casserole in a crock pot.

Ingredients:

28 oz. pkg. frozen cut green beans
1 chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 chopped red bell pepper
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
16 oz. container Alfredo cheese sauce
2.5 oz. can french fried onions

Preparation:
First, you have to combine all the ingredients except half of the french fried onions in a 4-6 quart slow cooker. Cover the crock pot and cook on high for 3-4 hours, stirring after 1 hour. Once that is done, just before serving, heat remaining french fried onions in a small skillet over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir casserole and sprinkle with crisp hot onions.

I hope this recipe is useful to you, let me know how it goes.

answered by Drew | 11-23-2011 at 07:20 PM

This will be the first Thanksgiving that I make green bean casserole in a Crock Pot.
Thanks for the recipe and the instructions, very helpful indeed.

I just hope I had started preparing everything sooner because I don't think I'll have enough time to make it.

answered by Guest | 11-24-2011 at 05:42 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.