Is Paranormal Activity 3 Based on a True Story?

So I just watched Paranormal Activity 3 at the movies theater and I really liked it. The film looks so real and scary.
Is Paranormal Activity 3 based on a true story and real events, or is it just part of someone's imagination?
This is the first Paranormal Activity movie that I watch and I didn't have my hopes up but I was really surprised and scared throughout the movie.
Since everything that happens in Paranormal Activity 3 is filmed with home cameras, could this movie be based on a true story that actually took place somewhere?

asked by Sam in Movies | 31376 views | 10-30-2011 at 02:36 PM

Paranormal Activity 3 as well as the other two previous movies is not based on a true story.
I wish it was because I love everything that's related to ghosts and demos but unfortunately no, everything you see in the movie is not real and they're all actors.
I loved Paranormal Activity 3, the little girls were amazing and as you say, it was really scary.
I watched some youtube videos about how the made Paranormal Activity 3 and they said they don't even follow a fixed story line. They just improvise as they go and that's why you see different footage in the trailer and those scenes are not included in the movie.
Sorry mate, as I said it's not based on a true story and everything is not real.

answered by Logan | 10-30-2011 at 02:37 PM

Paranormal Activity 3 is not a true story. Katie Featherston, the girl from the first movie is just an actress and she has given many interviews about how they made the movie.
Having said that, we all know paranormal phenomena is something that exist, there are many haunted houses in America and no one can explain what really happens, not even the best scientists.

answered by Guest | 10-30-2011 at 08:21 PM

Just watched Paranormal Activity 3, what a great movie.
The little kids were the best actor, that child who plays Kristie, wow, she's going to be an amazing actress.
It's not based on an actual true story but stuff like these are happening right now in haunted houses.

answered by Guest | 10-31-2011 at 07:17 PM

I think it's real because that sort of thing exists. Real or not I would batter any ghost that tried something in my house, I've done it before by burning that house down.

answered by solid mofo | 11-02-2011 at 11:58 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.