Christopher Meloni Leaving SVU Why?

Christopher Meloni, the actor who played Elliot Stabler on the NBC TV show Law & Order: SVU is leaving.
Does anyone know why he is no longer going to be on SVU? Who is going to be his replacement?
I don't think I'll ever watch Law and Order after Christopher Meloni is gone, he was the main character of the show along with Mariska Hargitay.
Whoever they bring now will not be enough to replace Christopher Meloni, he was amazing. Can anyone let me know why he is leaving SVU?

asked by Nathan in Television | 5550 views | 09-26-2011 at 09:25 PM

Christopher Meloni is leaving because he could not come to an agreement on a new contract with the producers of Law and Order SVU and he decided to leave the show.
Mariska is going to be in half the episodes of the season so it seems SVU is going to bring some new main characters.
Law and Order has done several cast replacements before, so they're not scared when a big figure like Christopher is leaving the show.
I have watched SVU since the beginning and thought the chemistry between Christopher Meloni and Mariska made the show. It's not going to be the same now.

answered by Jonathan | 09-26-2011 at 09:26 PM

Christopher Meloni was the reason I watched that show.
Law and Order made a huge mistake and they're going to realize that when the ratings fall. I mean, everyone who watches the show and sees a different cast will stop watching immediately.
Christopher Meloni is a good guy so I think the producers at NBC are to blame here.

answered by Guest | 09-27-2011 at 05:52 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.