Four Loko Side Effects?

I have some questions about Four Loko.
Has anyone ever had Four Loko energy alcohol drink? It is a new drink some people say has dangerous side effects.
Does anyone know if the drink Four Loko has high levels of alcohol? What are the side effects of drinking Four Loko?

asked by Mina in Foods | 120467 views | 06-17-2010 at 08:58 PM

The Four Loko drink, made with guarana, taurine and caffeine, is said to contain 12 percent alcohol volume, which is almost three times the amount of a regular beer, and is being marketed as a 'caffeinated alcoholic beverage'.
Side effects? If you're not used to alcohol you will get drunk pretty fast.

Four Loko is just one of many of these hybrid drinks that are on the market right now. But Four Loko, which is being marketed as a "premium caffeinated alcoholic beverage," is causing a little bit of controversy.

A lot of people have started to like Four Loko because it’s stronger, but you can barely taste any beer. The serving is twice the size of a regular soda can and it is only priced just under $3 which makes it convenient for children to buy it as a replacement for beer.

You should be careful when drinking Four Loko. The side effects are the same for any energy drink.

answered by Connor | 06-17-2010 at 09:04 PM

Better safe than sorry..
A news report is referring to Four Lokos as 'liquid cocaine' because it has the same side effects. There has been many incidents where consumers experienced hot flashes, blacked out and became aggressive sexually or violently. I'm furious to admit that this happened to a girl I know and lead to her being raped.
I understand that not everyone has the same side effect but a product of this caliber should NOT be on the market!

answered by Stacy | 06-20-2010 at 03:30 AM

FOUR LOKO IS POISON
Stay away from this drink - my 20year old son ended up in the hospital after drinking 2 cans. He had a BAC of .19 and traces of amphetamines in his blood. Keep in mind, This will def. cause you to fail a drug test. He passed out and vomited for 2 hours until I was alerted to the situation and called an ambulance. The doctors told me it was the equivalent of drinking 16 cups of coffee and 8 beers in an hour. We know people who have passed out after only one can. The difference between this drink and a beer is the high caffeine content which is dangerous when mixed with alcohol, and the other ingredients it contains like guarana. tourine,(sp?) and others. It should be pulled off the market everywhere. Anyone who compares FOUR LOKO to drinking beer is sadly misinformed.

answered by Guest | 06-24-2010 at 01:46 AM

I just want to let everyone know that I am on my way to the emergency room at this moment because I am having crazy chest pains and it's scary. I have been drinking for years and I've never experienced something like this, I poured about half of the can into a cup and drank only half the cup! And my chest is hurting bad we're almost @ the ER I'll try and update

answered by Guest | 06-26-2010 at 01:44 PM

Man four loko aint ****
Man you all need to stop crying i had 3 whole cans last night and besides the fact i didn't sleep last night there was nothing wrong with me.

answered by Karl | 06-26-2010 at 10:13 PM

The reason your son passed out is because he probably did take some amphetamines, at tricked you into believing that it was the drink. Also your son is not even old enough to drink so he should not be doing it in the first place. The only side effects from 4-lokos are gonna make u sit on the toilet for a couple of hours the next day if u have to many.

answered by Guest | 06-28-2010 at 05:24 PM

YOUR KID?? SUPERVISE YOUR DAMN KID, he's 20 years old, what do think the problems will be on his 21st?? it gives u diarrhea like an energy drink does, ever had a vodka and red bull people? it's a party drink but it mainly adds up to a couple jeager bombs.
if your 14 or 20 year old are drinking and buying liquor with their hard earned allowance, maybe its not the drinks fault ...maybe its the parental influence. be nicer to your kid because they live on your legacy, and they'll have more good stories about you if you give them a better choice, like spending time with them or letting them know that you can be just as understanding as any other "cool mom" can be, u can be cool without smothering. instead of blaming, look in the mirror and get to know yourself better. dont mean to offend, but hey, if u can sell cigarettes, you can sell anything.

answered by Guest | 07-05-2010 at 08:41 AM

haha @ the girl who's on her way to the ER....you're dumb...and we're not, you wouldn't be on a computer or your phone looking up this blog and using spell check to make us believe you're hurt, please, go drink a 4 loko and relax

answered by Guest | 07-05-2010 at 08:43 AM

LOKO!
Definitely a dumb broad. I mean come on, you drank half of a can. Quit your whining and relax. Four Loko is not only delicious, but also cost efficient. I know I drink one before I go out almost every time I do. It gives me energy to power through the next 15 beers/shots I drink. Overall, wonderful product

answered by Guest | 07-05-2010 at 08:01 PM

I had 2 cans of four Loko last night and am still alive and well haha, the only side effect I experienced was feeling like complete #?*! today for awhile, but I bounced back just fine.

answered by Guest | 07-06-2010 at 04:06 AM

you guys are silly if you cant hang with the four lokos don't drink them. passed out after 2 cans maybe he was on some other stuff as well me and all my friends only drink 4lokos and have never had one problem. stick to odouls peace

answered by Guest | 07-07-2010 at 06:24 PM

?
I had a can yesterday 7/7/10, then today i vomited the whole f****** day & my stomach hurted & i got hungry, i apparently ate the whole day. it wasn't so great :/ it might taste good, i really don't like the water melon one, but the punch one is okay. if you cant hang, don't drink, like me! aha ;D

answered by azalea | 07-08-2010 at 05:35 AM

loko
I'm 16 and I love four loko

answered by Guest | 07-08-2010 at 10:05 PM

I had two orange four lokos last night. Woke up feeling like crap. Now I have the s***s. So... I'm considering no more four loko. lol but it'll probably only be a week or two before i get another. THEY TASTE SO GOOD lol

answered by Guest | 07-11-2010 at 06:22 PM

I played beer pong with four locos and i was completely fine. People who can't hang with four locos shouldn't be drinking.. MAN UP!! Blue is the best!

answered by Guest | 07-12-2010 at 10:29 PM

hahaha all the people besides the ones that are all for the 4 Locos are dumb a**es. Like someone said, your ***** *** son probably did drugs and blamed in on the 4 loco. I will agree though 4 loco's are a great way to get drunk fast and cheap I still prefer a 40 ounce of Mickies Malt Liquor though haha. Easier to play beer pong with. Which i am a champion at by the way.

answered by Guest | 07-16-2010 at 09:07 AM

you fed your kid amphetamines for his adhd, remember?

oh, that's right, you self medicate your problems away with xanax. i don't blame you for not remembering.

answered by Guest | 07-17-2010 at 08:20 AM

After all the effects of energy & alcoholic drinks I have read ... this is a dangerous mix! I am NOT thrilled w/what I have researched & heard of the 4 LOKO'S Drinks. If any of you were parents yourself you would understand & know that you cannot be w/your child every second of every day. If someone you thought you could trust buys your child at the age of 12yrs a 4Loko w/12% alcohol then this is NOT OKAY!!! There should be more warnings about how truly dangerous it is to mix Alcohol w/Energy Drinks ....do some research on your own if you don't believe. Until any of you who are judging are parents (NOT young people out drinking & party it up) then do not judge us concerned (rightfully so) parents out there. Not everyone will have a bad effect from it yet not every one will have a good effect, just like w/any alcoholic energy drink. I personally think it is sending younger kids who want to try energy drinks plus those w/12% alcohol the wrong message. If it taste bad of course they wouldn't be interested but like w/any alcoholic drink if it tastes like fruit punch & you don't taste the alcohol then you won't know the end results till it is way too late & you are already drunk.

answered by Guest | 07-20-2010 at 08:55 AM

I Had A Can Of Four Loko Last Nite And Today My Stomach Hurts A Little I Haven't Eaten All Day And I Have A Headache But That's It, BUT You Can Bet Your Bottom Dollar That Ima B At It Again Tonight Lol !!!! Let's Go Loko !!

answered by Guest | 07-20-2010 at 07:41 PM

I'm glad to read a few good messages from responsible parents. Everyone else...y'all are truly idiots and won't be satisfied until something seriously happens to you. So go head head and drunk all you want...really won't effect me when you get those terrible side effects...or worst.

answered by Guest | 07-20-2010 at 10:08 PM

i went to the er
I had a drink called Joose (i think that's how it was spelled) and it has the same stuff and equivalent as 4 loko. I had half cans of 4 loko before and was nice and I couldn't find the 4 loko at the shore so I got joose. i drank about a whole can...about two hours after i drank it my stomach was cramping and i went to the bathroom twice on the boardwalk (mind you i only had chips and donuts that day and cereal because it was still early in the day so I'm sure it wasn't something i ate) i didn't eat anything on the boardwalk because my stomach was hurting and the whole ride home i felt like crap...wen i got home i went straight to bed and bout 1-2 hrs later i threw up twice and my heart was beating fast and it felt like it was gonna bust out my chest (mind you this was like 8-9 hrs after i first drank that stuff)....i went to the hospital and they took blood work (no cocaine in my system I'm guessing because they didn't question me) ....i dont know about cocaine in these drinks but I'm definitely. not drinking that ish no more, or 4 loko

answered by Guest | 07-21-2010 at 11:50 AM

DONT BLAME THE MOTHER
Because a woman's son on here passed out from them and was only 20 yrs. old, please do not act like you all only tasted liquor after you turned 21. I am 21 yrs old and i know for a fact that a parent really doesn't have that much say in what goes on in a 20 yr old's life. She is not his baby sitter, he is a grown man who decided to make his own decisions. PEOPLE WAKE UP YOUR CHILDREN ARE PROBABLY DRINKING THEM TOO ESPECIALLY IF THEY ARE IN COLLEGE!!

answered by Guest | 07-21-2010 at 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Stay away from this drink - my 20year old son ended up in the hospital after drinking 2 cans. He had a BAC of .19 and traces of amphetamines in his blood. Keep in mind, This will def. cause you to fail a drug test. He passed out and vomited for 2 hours until I was alerted to the situation and called an ambulance. The doctors told me it was the equivalent of drinking 16 cups of coffee and 8 beers in an hour. We know people who have passed out after only one can. The difference between this drink and a beer is the high caffeine content which is dangerous when mixed with alcohol, and the other ingredients it contains like guarana. tourine,(sp?) and others. It should be pulled off the market everywhere. Anyone who compares FOUR LOKO to drinking beer is sadly misinformed.
dumb ***** your son takes amphetamines

answered by Guest | 07-22-2010 at 09:04 PM

nos la pelan
we just came back from rosarito baja California, went to a pitbull concert, had an 18 can pack, mixed with monster, redbull, and a bunch of beers, nothing happened to us, only thing that happened, was that one of our friends got his **** licked by a fat girl, i did a girl in the bathroom, another friend ended up with two girls in bed, and a huge party started on our hotel room...

**** u all
viva mexico

answered by poncho | 07-26-2010 at 07:47 AM

Just Not for Me
Okay, I initially heard about Four Loko and its potency a few months ago. While hanging out with a few friends yesterday, I decided to purchase and drink two cans. I must admit that I have a very high tolerance for alcohol. After consuming half of the first can (Cranberry Lemonade), I felt weird. The feeling was akin to a warm alcohol buzz. Once I finished the second can
(Watermelon), the alcohol's full strength had crept up on me.

To be on the safe side, I crashed at my friend's house. Needless to say, I had a pretty restless night. I must have gone to the bathroom 3-4 times.

I will not "knock" this product. I strongly believe that consumers must be aware that this is an energy drink mixed with alcohol. As we all know, both of these products are frowned upon because of their negative side effects.

As for me, I will just stick to "regular" alcohol. And as for the concerned mother, I am sorry, but your son's story seems fraudulent. Four Loko does not contain amphetamines. (Does he fail drug tests after consuming Coca-Cola? -lol)

answered by Guest | 07-28-2010 at 01:19 PM

xxx
LOL aright so i had one last night, and i couldn't stop throwing up for about an hour... it was pretty fun though, to be honest. the guy i was with was fine, but he has a crazy tolerance. no more four loko for me..

answered by Guest | 07-31-2010 at 10:38 AM

Stop blaming this product. To reiterate what others have said it is truly the responsibility of the person drinking to know their limits. I drink often, not saying that as a point of pride, but I can handle my libations. For this reason, I have no trouble downing a couple cans of Four Loko. So, as a responsible drinker you know your limits and what you can and cannot handle. If you are a "light weight" do not drink a Loko simple as that.

23 y/o male college student

answered by Guest | 07-31-2010 at 09:46 PM

4 Loko is a great drink that will have u dancing and energized. its an amazing drink for that quick reaction everyone want when you go out. Everyone have 4 loko and be ready for an awesome time!

answered by Guest | 08-02-2010 at 12:16 PM

Four lokos are great. i drink them every night with friends & I've never had any issues. i may be only 16 but i can handle it. I've taken drug test for work in the past month or two & i haven`t failed one yet.

answered by Guest | 08-02-2010 at 07:23 PM

chest pains
Has anyone experienced chest pains from the 4 lokos?

answered by Guest | 08-02-2010 at 08:15 PM

All ya'll can say what ever you want about 4 lokos, but we'll see what your saying when you are a fall-down, dumb-a## drunk alcoholic before your even of legal age. I hope people who like 4 lokos keep drinking em and just have a good time. Just don't start crying if your in rehab, prison, or dead in 3 years.... Enjoy!

answered by Guest | 08-04-2010 at 02:08 AM

wtf
Ok so like I haven't had anything to eat or drink in 25 hours and I'm a total tweaker and i don't shower or shave or **** or sleep or or and and malfunction malfunction tweeeeeeaker overload. jk never have never will but this **** makes me feel like i've had 23 lines in a row. only thing is I can drink 3 in 2 hours AFTER 5 hours of whiskey and chasers and still go to sleep fine and be at work the next day. So anyone knocking this, take Perfect Food; it will help

answered by Guest | 08-04-2010 at 09:41 AM

I am 16 years old, a girl, and a light weight.
I've consumed about three in one night? not that bad.

answered by Guest | 08-07-2010 at 05:14 AM

4 LOKO
As an alcoholic since a teenager, (now 51) this is my alternative to vodka. This stuff kicks ass! After downing 2 cans after being "clean" for awhile guess what? no blackout a very mild hanger so it gives me the best of both worlds. i LOVE IT!

answered by Guest | 08-08-2010 at 12:29 PM

four loko gives me gnarly stomach pains some times.. that or i have a weird stomach issue that is unrelated.. being a hypochondriac and a light weight when it comes to alcohol, splitting one of these drinks with a friend makes me feel energized and buzzed, after I get that buzz feeling I stick to vodka, as it is cleaner and doesn't give me gnarly hangovers or stomach issues.

answered by Guest | 08-09-2010 at 01:38 AM

i had a fourloko at the beach, and i got home, i threw my keys out in the garbage. if you're ever missing something, check your garbage FIRST!

answered by Guest | 08-10-2010 at 06:48 PM

I've been drinking 4lokos for a while, and i get the runs every time. but my friend told me that, for every four loko, drink 2 hot cocoas, no more poops. i did that,and it works. so if your having pooping issues, drink the hot cocoas. they help!

answered by Guest | 08-10-2010 at 06:51 PM

I'm 16 buying 4 four lokos tonight for me and my friends
f*** that you're only young ONCE

answered by britney | 08-13-2010 at 11:54 PM

Drink FourLoko!!!!

answered by Mr. Fourloko | 08-16-2010 at 04:03 AM

Hell no, loko; no good. unless you try and get f***** up for days! Saturday was my first time and my last time! yeah its good for the night, but the day(s) after; nooooo!

i wouldn't recommend this to anybody, only if you try and get ****** UP! now its Tuesday, and i still dont feel like I'm in my right mind! of course the NIGHT was fun, but loko gone turn you inside out.

answered by Guest | 08-17-2010 at 08:08 AM

HAHAHAHAHA!
HAHA!!! AT EVERYONE WHO GOT SICK OFF FOUR LOKO'S. Your dumb, plain and simple. Everyone needs to quit b*tching. If you can't handle yo liquor...don't drink! Be a man...*****! 1 can is not gonna kill you. 20 will. double hahaha for the person who drank half a cup and thought he was gonna die! WOW! you've got to be the dumbest ***** ****** around!

answered by Guest | 08-17-2010 at 11:59 PM

I'm 15 i drank 2 locos last night and vodka,
I'm a girl and I'm tiny ,
and I'm 100% fine.
f*** you, locos are bomb.

answered by Guest | 08-19-2010 at 11:26 PM

man I'm only 18 i had 2 FOUR LOKOS not that long ago..i got drunk & had a great night..people that can't drink should just stay away from it...

answered by Guest | 08-20-2010 at 10:46 PM

I have three months taking four loko since some friends told me they were better than beer and I've really done a lot of stupid things with it. the next day I remember almost nothing and all my friends the same thing happened to them. but when I really worry last week was that I had never tried to have sex when i drink four loko and last week i had two cans and a few beers and I could not concentrate on what i was doing! I think it's really bad ... no more for me

i'm 22 yo and i have a normal life,

answered by roberto | 08-21-2010 at 04:56 PM

Last night i've had my first Four Loko.. 2 of them at that. I am 20 yrs old. But i am a heavy drinker.. mainly on weekends.. straight liquor.. hennesy, grey goose etc etc... i MUST say.. after just one Loko.. i felt quite a heavy buzz... a buzz like i've never felt before for such little drink... almost like a E. In fact that was prob one of the most FKD up i've been without passing my limit and still being able to function lol... on another note.. i stood up until 6am.. slept until 10 am.. and i feel ready to roll lmao... but I'm hitting that toilet =( ... and my throat is DRY AS HELL!

answered by Guest | 08-23-2010 at 05:18 AM

I drank a 4 Loko last night for the 1st time. I had a fun night since I was super energized and hyper, however, I was on an empty stomach so when my friend made me food I couldn't resist. AFTER I ate dinner I started throwing up like crazy, which I know was my fault for eating ;x. The drink itself isn't bad, people just need to respect your limits and you'll be fine!

20 y/o college student

answered by Guest | 08-23-2010 at 05:15 PM

four loko
I had a can last night and my a** is getting better acquainted with the toilet but other than that this stuff rocks

answered by Guest | 08-28-2010 at 12:31 PM

****** ME UP MAN
I had one and a half cans of 4 Loco and 3 cans of Red Bull, HOLY ****. I became so paranoid and my heart was beating really fast. I don't think its safe to exceed 2 cans. Maybe even one, cause I'm 230Lb. and I can usually take down 10 beers no problem. I actually didn't have trouble falling asleep, weird, but now the next day I still feel a little nauseous.

answered by Guest | 08-29-2010 at 01:55 PM

if you can't handle your liquor, don't drink. 4 loko's aren't even that bad. i drank half a can and felt absolutely nothing. and i don't have a high tolerance. we get them every weekend. and everyone has a great time. no one pukes or has a bad time. four lokos are great.

answered by Guest | 08-30-2010 at 01:28 AM

l0k0
I am 16 year old and I weigh 140 pounds in the last week I drank Four Loko 3 times each time I drank 2 cans and all three times I was fine I didn't throw up and in the morning I wasn't hungover....this **** is fine if a 16 year old that only weighs 140 pounds can handle it then almost anyone should....and to the parents on here either your kids are to young or you are oblivious to what's going on with your kids, all and I mean all high school kids drink. I can only Name a few kids that don't drink in high school. So your kids will too....

answered by Guest | 08-30-2010 at 06:20 PM

OK so recently I've been buying a few of these a week, maybe 2-3 a week, and i don't go past one a day. I drink one usually b4 i got o class or something and its quite nice. I feel it gives me the pick up that i need and a nice little buzz to sit through the damn class. I don't recommend this to people that have had problems with energy drinks because some people are sensitive to the high levels of caffeine and high energy ingredients. But, for me Four Loko works wonders...i feel the drink is fine as long as you don't end up abusing it. I mean it is alcohol! And a good amount too! I get buzzed from drinking one. I drank 2 once and i must say, i had a blast until i came home. I felt like **** once i started sobering up. It is an amazing drink, but don't abuse it! When people start to abuse it, it will get banned and we will end up loosing a good thing. So those minors out there! Stop abusing it! and Stop taking amphetamines!

22 college student

answered by Guest | 08-31-2010 at 04:01 AM

i love it
Me and my friend had some went to the deli 3 cans each and it was the first time i ever threw up when drunk lol and then i enjoyed a bacon egg and cheese and went to bed next day no hangover fun night no regrets four lokos all around on me!

answered by Guest | 09-03-2010 at 02:43 AM

possibly the cheapest most toxic drink for $3
i had a grape four loko the original flavor... it tastes great and i was drunk but a good drunk i was really hyper and it was the **** i had so much fun. So I'm 17 a male 150 pounds and got feeling pretty good off one four loko...its the ****!

answered by Guest | 09-05-2010 at 03:24 PM

could any one post the news report about this drink?
Could any one post the website of the news report on this drink?
I'm sad to say I drank two cans in less then an hour and seemed to be functioning rather well but seemed to be more aggressive.
while the girl I was with had half a can and I would say close to 3-4 shots of mixed drinks in less then an hour.

answered by Guest | 09-06-2010 at 12:04 AM

four lokos =]
FOUR LOKOS is da s*** lol....we threw a four lokos end of summer bash house party first 40 people get a four loko and i drank 2 1/2 it was great although caffeine and alcohol is a crazy but the most common side effect that everyone at the party talkes about the next day was that they only remember clips of last night basically blacking out lol but other than that i can drink one four loko by myself and i could hang it depends on the person ....FOUR LOKOS ALL DAY =]

answered by dejamequieto | 09-07-2010 at 09:08 PM

To the woman who's son ended up in the hospital with trace amounts of amphetamines you might look for needle marks in his arms because four loko doesn't contain amphetamines

answered by Guest | 09-08-2010 at 01:43 AM

Man four lokos is the ****...my favorite is either the blue rasberry or watermelon. The most I drank was like 2 cans. I didn't throw up all the time but wen i do its just like every other time. I'm back to pumping my fist like a champ... I think four loko deserves a commercial haha

answered by Guest | 09-09-2010 at 05:52 PM

4 Loco... Use at your own risk!
I'm 34 and been drinking Steel Reserve 211 on a daily basis for 10 years. For a 2 year span about 7 years ago I used to mix Steel Reserve with Red Bull. This was a few years before they marketed an alcohol + caffeine drink. Tasted really sweet, but I could put them away and be amped for the night. I would be able to drink as much as I wanted with no problems, just hype as sh*t! Got a little older and decided to leave the Red Bull out of the mix. This was around the time Jooose came out.

Then 4 Loco recently hit the scene here in Philly. People were talking about it and when I checked it out at the store it had 12% alcohol. No doubt, I had to try it. Bought a can of Cranberry Lemonade and got it in, along with 2 Steels, 2 OE's and a couple of Long Island Iced Teas. Did I feel good... of course. Did I throw up... most definitely.

The problem with mixing alcohol and caffeine is that you never really get to feel the full effect of the alcohol. That's the caffeine keeping you alert and not feeling drunk. So, if you're a drinker, you just keep drinking and drinking, no matter what it is. 4 Loco might be the first drink of the night, but you'll wind up doing shots of 151 at the bar talking bout "this taste like water."

To make a long story short... I'm done with the 4 Loco. I don't really want to be all hyped up. But I'm 34 with two kids at home. If I was 22, I'd probably drink it everyday. 4 Loco is a young buck drink. All of my friends tried it and we've all agreed that we are too old to be feeling like that, running to the bar after a can spending up all of our dough on shots. You'll be in there all night and leave with empty pockets.

I'm gonna stick to 211. But if somebody come out with a 12% beer without the caffeine, I'm on it! No need to go to the state store then. One can and I'll be looking for a pillow.

Young bucks... do your thing! Old heads... leave that s*** alone!

answered by Guest | 09-11-2010 at 08:48 PM

I have a pretty decent tolerance for alcohol, but holy **** 4 loko's know how to **** me up. Hahaha, One can and a couple beers and I am gone for the night.

answered by Guest | 09-12-2010 at 05:38 AM

The only negative side effect of drinking 4 loko's is that they make you very.......Sexually enthusiastic? I can say the majority of times I've had sex with guys in the past few months was only after drinking those. Hahahaha, it's embarrassing, lemme tell ya.

answered by Guest | 09-12-2010 at 05:41 AM

I drank 4-four lokos friday night on top of 5 beers and 3 shots, I'm an everday drinker and this was my 2nd fourloko experience. I will not be drinking it again, if so I will have supervision with friend so I don't drink more than 2. By the way I'm 27yr old female 130lbs. This **** is serious

answered by Guest | 09-13-2010 at 01:07 AM

I'm 18 years old, and I know I'm illegally drinking, AND I am not proud at all to say that I am an alcoholic and drink four lokos almost every day. I'm sorry parents I know you are concerned and "have been there done that" but you have NOT been there to drink four lokos! The mother who's son passed out because of 2 lokos in my opinion is a nimwit and it isn't rocket science to figure out that every body has different tolerance levels and should only drink what their bodies can handle if they must drink. I drink one to get me almost drunk but that's my body! I weigh 135 and am 5'4" and I can handle that much. I would probably pass out too from 2 four lokos and I'm an alcoholic! The only side effect I experience is that I tend to get the shits next day and another negative is that it's almost 700 calories a can but other than that Lighten up mom, find out yourself that four loko is not some poisonous energy drink, and have yourself a loko!!

answered by Guest | 09-16-2010 at 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy View Post
A news report is referring to Four Lokos as 'liquid cocaine' because it has the same side effects. There has been many incidents where consumers experienced hot flashes, blacked out and became aggressive sexually or violently. I'm furious to admit that this happened to a girl I know and lead to her being raped.
I understand that not everyone has the same side effect but a product of this caliber should NOT be on the market!
your stupid four lokos is the best in the world nah scratch that in the universe

answered by Guest | 09-17-2010 at 06:12 PM

Look, people, four locos are the ****! I'm a 17 year old college student, 5'10'' 130 lbs and this **** will **** me up fast. I'm a lightweight, which in my opinion is good because its cheaper. One fourloko will get me good and drunk and i have a GREAT time. No hangover at all the next day, no puking, no s***. It's fantastic. Definitely recommend it!

answered by Guest | 09-19-2010 at 03:57 PM

4loko!!!
I pour a 4loko in a empty bottle of Arizona and sip on it to stay wavy in school and it has helped with my cutting and getting high problem immensely. Thumbs up loko!

answered by Guest | 09-20-2010 at 08:13 PM

I had some and got into fights, threw up, slurring blacked out. yes i had rum and coke its alcohol it does that kind of stuff

answered by Guest | 09-22-2010 at 01:58 AM

four lokos
this **** just gives you a happy feeling i mean of course if you abuse of this its like any other alcohol beverage you will get alcohol poisoning but its not a big deal just know your limit

answered by Guest | 09-22-2010 at 06:10 AM

i drink one almost every time i go out, which is three times a week. no hangover. not too drunk. they're not bad at all.

answered by Guest | 09-23-2010 at 01:57 AM

4-loko
These are pretty cool and i know one will get u messed up. I had 2 blue raspberry last night along with some beer and felt awesome. only side effect was a little diarrhea and my girlfriend breaking up with me :/

answered by Guest | 09-26-2010 at 03:51 PM

Seriously I drink everyday 2 cans of 4 lokos have me feeling good. My boyfriend is 6'7" maybe 300 and something lbs. and the first time he drank one with me he was buzzed and for him to get buzzed off a 4 really had me surprised I would have thought he needed 3 to get buzzed but any who; 4 loko is the **** but watermelon juice has the same percentage of alcohol as 4 and taste even sweeter so check it out.

I had 2 watermelon joose's and 2 shots of crown royal & I was feeling good [I only had joose because my friend's bf picked the wrong drink] but as for the side effects just has your ass sitting on the toilet for a few hours. As for the joose my heart is beating faster than a mother ****** I'm not drinking joose again because 4 loko don't have my heart doing all that or maybe because I'm used to them idk

answered by greeneyes619 | 09-27-2010 at 11:06 AM

THE BEST DRINK EVER
Four Lokos Is my Fav Ok!! 2 FOR $5.00 @ 7-11

GET A LIFE EVERYONE!

answered by Guest | 09-28-2010 at 12:11 AM

me and my buddy got with some girls and neither one of us could get hard. the girls were so hot too. idk if it was the weed or the lokos but it wasn't us

answered by Guest | 09-28-2010 at 03:36 PM

drinking one right now... whats the big deal almost done : /

answered by Guest | 09-29-2010 at 06:31 AM

wow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy View Post
oh no! sounds like the same WILD side effects of alcohol, she should stay away from this crazy product

answered by Guest | 09-29-2010 at 07:51 PM

loko fun
With four loko, you might think your having fun, but your really not. drink three and blackout.

answered by Guest | 09-30-2010 at 01:54 AM

GTFO
Jesus Christ, look at all these ******* catholic moms who worry about everything.
It's simple. If you can't handle it, if you don't like it, or if you don't want your "child" who is a grown ******* person at the legal buying age, then don't buy it.

These are not as ridiculous as all are making them seem?!
Get the stick out of your ass and stop turning America into Pussland.

Oh hey, let's get it taken off the shelves because my ******* kid drank too far past his limits and his body is giving him a kick in the nuts in return.

The funny thing is, NONE of the **** most people ***** about is dangerous on it's lonesome.
It's the ******* who's operating it or misusing it.

Different people have different tolerances. 'Nuff said. GTFO.

answered by Vicious | 09-30-2010 at 05:20 AM

Four Lokos got my heart beating real fast the next morning, damn

answered by Guest | 10-02-2010 at 04:53 PM

four lokoz
I have had many four lokos during the summer even one night I had about 5 cans and I don't remember what happened I blacked out.

Well every time I drink them I black out, but for me to get drunk off a four loko I would have to drink about 3 four lokos and every time I get drunk off of them I always want to drink more and I cant stop, but now I can't have a four loko it really makes me sick to my stomach I think the last time I had them it was at a party on April 15th and I drank 5 of them I got really sick blacked out and through up, but I made it home safe because my dad had to pick me up I am only 17 and female.

I woke up at 4 in the morning with the worst hangover ever and my stomach was hurting me so bad and it stayed like that. After that night I tried to drink a four loko I only had one sip, and I got sick and through it up right away. Then later on i had pains in my stomach again and I went to the doctors and I found out I had problems with my gall bladder. Now I am not saying its because of the four lokos but I'm starting to think it is. I can't drink alcohol the same way I used too which is also a good thing for me but it sucks because I have to stick with this pain and I've been having it sinse april 15th and its now oct.

answered by Guest | 10-03-2010 at 04:25 PM

GROW UP!
THIS IS = TO MIXING VODKA AND YOUR FAVORITE ENERGY DRINK. PEOPLE WHO WANT THIS BANNED ARE LIGHTWEIGHT P******. PERIOD! VIVA LA LOKO~!

answered by Guest | 10-03-2010 at 04:30 PM

Yeah that stuff is great, i had 2 last night and today i woke up with bells palsy... my right side of my face is paralyzed...

answered by Guest | 10-04-2010 at 05:54 AM

Don't hate just telling my story
Yea I'm a small female(18) & I had 1 & 1/2 (maybe more I'm not sure) the other night, my friends kind of blame them selves because i started feeling it after little less than 1/2 a can(its not their faults AT ALL!) but i kept drinking it because i think i wanted to be as tough as my guy friends.

I now only remember bits and parts of my night, I was drunk until about 2 o'clock in the after noon the next day and my friend stayed with me all day, that's how scared he was. but that's not even the bad part, All the boys were considering bringing me to the hospital.

Although I was not throwing up, and I did not throw up, but I all night was hyperventilating to the point where I stopped breathing at one point, and i could not open my eyes, the only thing i remember from this point is2 friends asking me what color their eyes were, I'm pretty sure that I could have died at that moment because I couldn't do anything i don't remember being able to move and I know that I couldn't open my eyes.

For the rest of the day until 'I sobered up I continued to hyperventilate and they said that I would shake rapidly. However now 2 days later my whole mental stability is out of whack.

For the past three years I've suffered from a severe depression that I have been steadily getting through and possibly over, not many people know about, only my parents, and now the boys that I was with the other night and for the past 2 days I've been having relapses of it and I can at this moment I don't want to even get out of bed or look out the window.

I believe that the 4 lokos drinks did this to my head because i thought i was going to die the other day, & I came on here to look for that as a side effect, it can now possibly be added to the list. Thank you for listening to my story, my 5 friends and I vowed to never drink a 4 lokos ever again! in fact they told me that they would no longer be friends with me if I even ever considered it! For anyone that has gotten sick from one of these things and someone has helped you i believe that you are just as lucky as me and have the most incredible friends/loved ones in the world.. I know that I do!

answered by Guest | 10-04-2010 at 05:42 PM

I'm 14 years old and I drank 4 loko it only got me sick cause I drank it fast but I was good after the next next day of my hangover

answered by Guest | 10-08-2010 at 02:03 AM

Idiots
Sad to see how many kids under 20 are abusing this product and giving it a bad name. You f'ing morons need to grow up and don't drink this stuff if you can't drink it responsibly. DO NOT drink more than one Four Loko, simple enough.

As a 30-something adult, I really enjoy Four Loko. In my state(OK), you cannot buy these at a gas station or convenience store. You can only buy them in liquor stores(not cold). That is probably a good thing. My and my gf will sometimes share ONE or maybe drink one each over the course of an hour and a half or so. They are really great when used like a responsible adult. One great side effect is that it makes you horny. The one bad side effect is the s h i t s the next morning.

answered by Guest | 10-08-2010 at 01:22 PM

I drank 2 four lokos and had about 5 shots & 5 beers ..one loko & I had the greatest buzz & that was drunkest I've EVER been. don't really remember nothing and I had a bad hangover but it's def worth it, $3 a can = greaaaat night!

answered by Guest | 10-09-2010 at 06:05 AM

hahahahahha
I've been drinking this for years, i always buy 3 or 4 when i want to drink that night, for all you young bucks, stick to just a couple of beers, four loko/joose is a real mans drink, after a night of loko seems like a eventful good night

answered by Guest | 10-09-2010 at 06:23 AM

four loko
These are actually really strong and they do make you black out depending on how you handle but trust i know what it's like and it makes u feel like **** if you can't handle do not drink trust 4rm my experience

answered by fresa69 | 10-10-2010 at 06:14 AM

Wow
I'm 18 and I drank 3 and finished half of my friends, stop crying and don't drink if you can't handle it b*tches

answered by Guest | 10-10-2010 at 04:59 PM

Every one's body is different so just because you can drink 1 or 2 cans of it doesn't mean every one else can. Me personally I did not like how it felt so I will prolly not drink again and i only had half can it just made me feel jittery and and like i wasn't in control of my own body so four loko is not the drink for me and i will never again drink and that's just my opinion.

answered by Guest | 10-11-2010 at 08:49 PM

I have discovered that some of these mommy group nanny-state morons have made a pact to post all over the internet claiming to be underage kids and blacking out, ending up in the hospital, "my friend/son/daughter died" etc. stories. Complete and utter BS in an effort to try to get Four Loko banned.

DO NOT FALL FOR THEIR BS POSTS OUT HERE !

There is nothing wrong with Four Loko. It is just an alcoholic drink like any other. There is nothing magical in it that will cause any of these ridiculous claims from these fake posts out here and all over the internet.

Nanny-b*tches: Get a life, leave us alone, go be miserable and complain about something else.

answered by RPM | 10-12-2010 at 01:31 PM

I'm 17 to be honest with everyone i love four loko but this summer i had four loko and only four loko and i ended up having to go to the doctors for having a terrible pain in my stomach for a couple days i could barely get out of bed and i lived off jello. i was put on meds called nexium and told not to drink anymore but its been almost a month and I'm craving a FOUR LOKO i just dont know what will happen if i do.

answered by Guest | 10-13-2010 at 10:13 PM

4 loko WILL **** you up!
I went on a four loko bender this past weekend when visiting my ex in Brooklyn. Obviously, things didn't turn out the best.

The first night we had them it was great we each had one can and spent most of the night in ecstasy. We danced until we couldn't and ****** until we passed out. We only slept for a few hours, smoked with his roommate, ate and went to the park. I was a little gassy and he had diarrhea once or twice.

The second and third night we had them is when things started to go down hill....We were finished at the park and were heading back to the apartment when we decided to pick up two more lokos. It was around 2pm. We get back to the apartment, smoke, and continue drinking our loko. We crash. Meanwhile, his roommate sees the fun were having and decides to go to the corner store and returns with 6 lokos. NOT THE BEST IDEA. We each have another and his roommate cracks open his first can. By this point my ex and I are beyond ****** up and have no control over ourselves. (Before, I tell you this next part were sort of exhibitionist's but had never done anything to risqué before. I'm not blaming it on 4loko although it was brought out by it.)
We start making out and playing in the living room his roommate is watching, enjoying himself. We get up and go the bathroom and when we return his roommate had dragged his mattress off of his bed into the living the room. We chill, smoke, play, and I have another loko... then I PASS THE **** OUT. During, those 4hours that I was passed out my ex and his roommate continued to drink more lokos. My ex ***** a prostitute when I'm passed out in the living room, he was way to ****** up and wasn't thinking. He thought I was into his roommate more than him and that he wasn't special to me anymore.....Anyway, after he has sex with the prostitute they he returns to the living room, I stir I'm in and out of consciousness and wake up to him having sex with me as his roommate watches. HELLA GROSS. Later that day, I had chest and stomach pains. I didn't have diarrhea by my ex and his roommate did.

Having your ex **** a whore and almost having a 3some....not ideal. 4 loko is rad, but I won't be drinking it for a while.

TIPS:
-Females should not consume more then 1 can.
- Males should not consume more then 2.
- Take it slow when drinking loko. DON'T over do it or you WILL crash.
- Drink ALOT of water when drinking 4 loko, not only does it help to prevent hangovers, but you won't wake up with dry throat and be dehydrated the next day.

SIDE EFFECTS:
-Chest pain
-Stomach pain
-Headaches
-Can't sleep
-Euphoria
-Dehydration
-Diarrhea/gas

answered by Guest | 10-15-2010 at 04:45 PM

4 lokos r amazing
about a month ago i found out about 4 loko and have been drinking them every weekend and sometimes during the week...I've drank up to 3 in a night and had the best time of my life...i have not experienced any side affects except for having the best drunk awake and ready to party and also u will have the best sex of ur life on them

answered by anthony | 10-15-2010 at 10:20 PM

Quote:
I'm 17 to be honest with everyone i love four loko but this summer i had four loko and only four loko and i ended up having to go to the doctors for having a terrible pain in my stomach for a couple days i could barely get out of bed and i lived off jello. i was put on meds called nexium and told not to drink anymore but its been almost a month and I'm craving a FOUR LOKO i just dont know what will happen if i do.
Another typical BS post by the nanny-state morons trying to get Four Loko banned.

Get a life douchebags.

answered by RPM | 10-15-2010 at 11:19 PM

Quote:
I went on a four loko bender this past weekend when visiting my ex in Brooklyn. Obviously, things didn't turn out the best.

The first night we had them it was great we each had one can and spent most of the night in ecstasy. We danced until we couldn't and ****** until we passed out. We only slept for a few hours, smoked with his roommate, ate and went to the park. I was a little gassy and he had diarrhea once or twice.
The key word in this entire rant was "smoke" .......... again and again and again.

I'm sure "smoke" was CRACK and/or MARI JUANA, both illegal drugs that cause their own problems, especially when combined with alcohol.

Poster, you are a complete idiot. Don't combine illegal drugs with ANY kind of alcohol. With a little luck, maybe your boyfriend got aids from the prostitute and gave it to you and his roommate, thereby helping eliminate morons like you from the gene pool.

answered by RPM | 10-15-2010 at 11:24 PM

@RPM Seriously, though? **** off. This forum is to talk about 4loko NOT to attack people.

BTW We were smoking K2, since his roommate was job hunting. I still LIKE 4loko, I was sharing my experience...I've obviously had better experiences with it, all I'm saying is people should be careful. And I'll admit smoking a synthetic cannabis wasn't the greatest idea when drinking loko.

Still even when not smoking a synthetic cannabis or real cannabis I still have had sudden blackouts, headaches, chest pain, and was dehydrated the next day.

answered by Guest | 10-19-2010 at 03:08 AM

Quote:
@RPM Seriously, though? **** off. This forum is to talk about 4loko NOT to attack people.

BTW We were smoking K2, since his roommate was job hunting. I still LIKE 4loko, I was sharing my experience...I've obviously had better experiences with it, all I'm saying is people should be careful. And I'll admit smoking a synthetic cannabis wasn't the greatest idea when drinking loko.

Still even when not smoking a synthetic cannabis or real cannabis I still have had sudden blackouts, headaches, chest pain, and was dehydrated the next day.
PROOF you are a complete idiot. Thank You.

answered by RPM | 10-22-2010 at 02:42 AM

Response
Quote:
After all the effects of energy & alcoholic drinks I have read ... this is a dangerous mix! I am NOT thrilled w/what I have researched & heard of the 4 LOKO'S Drinks. If any of you were parents yourself you would understand & know that you cannot be w/your child every second of every day. If someone you thought you could trust buys your child at the age of 12yrs a 4Loko w/12% alcohol then this is NOT OKAY!!! There should be more warnings about how truly dangerous it is to mix Alcohol w/Energy Drinks ....do some research on your own if you don't believe. Until any of you who are judging are parents (NOT young people out drinking & party it up) then do not judge us concerned (rightfully so) parents out there. Not everyone will have a bad effect from it yet not every one will have a good effect, just like w/any alcoholic energy drink. I personally think it is sending younger kids who want to try energy drinks plus those w/12% alcohol the wrong message. If it taste bad of course they wouldn't be interested but like w/any alcoholic drink if it tastes like fruit punch & you don't taste the alcohol then you won't know the end results till it is way too late & you are already drunk.
I am no parent but I agree with you. You never know when you are going to get a bad reaction. I'm 28, been drinking since my high school years, and could drink the majority of these kids talking their mess under the table. The truth of the matter is the combination of the alcohol and caffeine could be lethal. I had a couple of these 4 loko drinks and experienced chest pain, shortness of breathe, and cold sweats. I went to the ER and despite my age the Dr concluded that I had a heart attack. Laugh it up right now young kids but when you are at the point of no return and your heart is about to burst, its going to be too late.

answered by Guest | 10-22-2010 at 07:37 AM

Quote:
I am no parent but I agree with you. You never know when you are going to get a bad reaction. I'm 28, been drinking since my high school years, and could drink the majority of these kids talking their mess under the table. The truth of the matter is the combination of the alcohol and caffeine could be lethal. I had a couple of these 4 loko drinks and experienced chest pain, shortness of breathe, and cold sweats. I went to the ER and despite my age the Dr concluded that I had a heart attack. Laugh it up right now young kids but when you are at the point of no return and your heart is about to burst, its going to be too late.
Bullcrap alert !!!!! Bullcrap ALERT !!!!

Another BS post from the nanny-state moron irresponsible mommies who want to ban Four Loko instead of taking some responsibility for themselves.

GET A LIFE NANNY-STATE MORONS. WE ARE ON TO YOUR BS, WE WILL CALL YOU OUT EVERY TIME !

answered by Guest | 10-22-2010 at 05:22 PM

4loko
4lokos definitely do the trick...I would drink one before going out and buying more drinks. It was like my pre drink because it does hit you quick. If you're a small framed female like me you will get drunk and if you drink too many you are likely to pass out just like with any other alcoholic drink if you drink too much of it. 4lokos are not killing people

answered by Guest | 10-22-2010 at 06:25 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.