Hurricane Irene Path 2011?

What is Hurricane Irene's projected path for 2011?
It seems we're about to enter the hurricane season and Irene is going to cause a big impact.
Hurricane Irene is the first of the 2011 season in the Atlantic and its path has been gradually pointing toward the southeastern United States.
What is the exact path of the storm? I live in the East Coast, is it going to affect me?

asked by Mildred in Weather | 1543 views | 08-24-2011 at 10:15 PM

Hurricane Irene will track across the Bahamas the next couple of days on a path towards the East Coast of the U.S. into the weekend.
Evacuations already began on a tiny barrier island off North Carolina as Hurricane Irene strengthened.
Hurricane Irene’s path is expected to span almost the entire U.S. east coast, so you should be careful and take all the precautions. I'm sure your local authorities have already warned you about it.
It is expected that it will possibly land in Florida, Georgia or South Carolina.
The current track estimates that Irene may cross North Carolina’s Outer Banks this weekend.
Here's a path map of the hurricane.

Hurricane Irene Path

answered by Cole | 08-24-2011 at 10:16 PM

The biggest potential danger for that zone in the map will come from flooding and falling trees when the rain pours into ground.
It's surprising the strength this hurricane has. I just hope it doesn't cause much damage.

answered by Guest | 08-25-2011 at 10:46 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.