Is The Help Fiction or Based on a True Story?

The best-selling book “The Help” was made into a movie now and it's going to be on theaters soon.
Is 'The Help' fiction or is it based on a true story? I bought the book and I'm interested in the movie but I wanted to know if it's a real story or just fantasy.
The Help is about a young white woman who facilitates a quiet revolution of black domestic maids in Mississippi in the early '60s, it's a lovely story.
Does anyone know if it's real?

asked by Leslie in Movies | 28207 views | 08-11-2011 at 12:22 AM

Although The Help is a work of fiction, it’s all based on a true story. This is a story worth reading and seeing.
It's similar to Titanic, you know what happens in the movie between Jack and Rose is all made up but the historical event was true.
The movie adaptation of Kathryn Stockett's novel has premiered to mixed, but mostly positive reviews.
Emma Stone plays the lead role, which is amazing, because she is a wonderful actress. Bryce Howard is in the film too.
I've seen The Help and I can honestly say that it’s a far better film than Hollywood normally churns out at this time of year.

answered by Alison | 08-11-2011 at 12:25 AM

Exactly, it was inspired by a true story.
Everything that you see in the movie about how people was treated in those times is true but the actual girl played by Emma Stone didn't actually exist. I loved The Help, it was a wonderful movie.

answered by Guest | 09-07-2011 at 10:50 PM

I just watched The Help and the only I can say is WOW, Emma Stone is going to be one of the greatest actresses in Hollywood, that girl's career has a great future.
Loved the movie and highly recommend it for those who haven't watched it yet.

answered by Liz | 09-11-2011 at 01:05 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.