iPhone MMS Update 2009?

After upgrading to OS 3.0.1, I noticed that my MMS commands had reappeared. I originally had them when testing the beta version of OS 3.0, but they vanished after upgrading to the full release.

I still can't actually send a multimedia message, but the fact that the commands are there is noteworthy enough. Although Apple hasn't officially confirmed a release date for the update, it's expected to arrive sometime in September 2009. Is there a why to know when?

asked by Jake in Mobile Phones | 1860 views | 09-25-2009 at 12:13 PM

The MMS update should be ready on September 25 2009.

Of course, a lot of people seem to forget that almost every other phone has MMS capability. In fact, the iPhone has been MMS-capable since June, when iPhone OS 3.0 was released. The delay has been because of AT&T, which has been furiously upgrading its infrastructure to handle the increased stress that MMS will cause on its network.

Confidence in the strength and reliability of the AT&T network is at an all-time low. Dropped calls and 3G outages have been a constant source of customer complaints, especially in New York and San Francisco, where the cores of the tech and media world live and work.

answered by Exam | 09-25-2009 at 12:14 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.