Seth MacFarlane a Christian?

Seth MacFarlane is a comedian best known for creating the animated sitcoms Family Guy, American Dad and The Cleveland Show, for which he also voices many of the characters. He currently owns his own production company. Is Seth a christian or an atheist?

asked by Ryy in Religion | 7759 views | 09-25-2009 at 03:11 AM

Seth MacFarlane is not a christian. He has been quoted saying: "I do not believe in God. I'm an atheist. I consider myself a critical thinker, and it fascinates me that in the 21st century most people still believe in, as George Carlin puts it, 'the invisible man living in the sky' "

answered by Bolo | 09-25-2009 at 03:12 AM

McFarlane
It may sound like a cliche but someday, this man will see the light. It will quite probably be too late for him but he will know and understand that God is not mocked. No one goes to Hell except by his own hand.

No one is flung into Hell ignorant of his sins. It will be a tragedy but. there are millions more just like McFarlane and will someday join him in Hell if they continue to mock the one true creator of all things. Its so sad because its totally avoidable.

To live a Christian life takes nothing away from a man, and if he is mistaken regarding Heaven, he has still lost nothing... on the other hand, to discover that there REALLY is a Heaven and Hell as you are standing at the Judgment Seat, too late to save yourself, now that's a tragedy.
Now go ahead and laugh, someday you will remember this post and weep.

answered by Guest | 01-24-2011 at 02:00 AM

Seth Mcfarlane
I agree - I find it sad that most non-Christians (and by Christian, I mean born-again, Bible-believing people of faith) think that we are deprived of something. We have joy and peace and the knowledge that we are guaranteed eternal life with the Giver of Life. We know that no matter what the circumstances, we are heirs to the Mighty Throne of God. That keeps me going through some really hard times and helps me deal with mentally ill veterans on a daily basis.

I pray that Seth finds the truth. There's no reason you can't believe in God and still be a thinker. They are not mutually exclusive

answered by Guest | 03-10-2011 at 02:39 AM

Actually even an episode of family guy can be used by the word to communicate a message even if it is in the most unexpected way possible.

I think the main principle of family guy is to teach us that what might seem like a bunch of random things can still create something meaningful in the end.This is of course based on your perception. If you search for meaning in your coincidences you will be surprised,and a little scared. So Seth, I'm thinking is not as evil as we think. He's just trying to get the word across in a different way. Hope you guys can see this. Peace!

answered by Guest | 03-21-2011 at 09:15 AM

I love you all and love that you are not taking an "up with arms " bashing approach that many fellow Christians are starting to take these days to those who mock God and don't believe. I pray many more will see that he is just a man who is living his life who has only seen the ugly part of life and not the love that many Christians have that they get to experience everyday.

answered by Guest | 08-31-2011 at 04:34 AM

comment