An application must be made each time you want to start receiving benefits. All claims based on work done in Wisconsin are filed either on the Internet or by telephone, even if you now live in another state.
TO COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION YOU WILL NEED:
* Your Social Security Number.
* A Personal Identification Number (PIN). Your PIN is a 4-digit number you make up before you apply and it helps to identify you. The same PIN must be used for all online and telephone unemployment services. Choose a PIN you will remember. If you forget your PIN or want to change it, call one of the initial claim application telephone numbers and press 4.
Do not tell your PIN to anyone!
* Your Wisconsin Driver's License Number, if you have one.
* The names of everyone for whom you worked in the past 18 months. For each employer you will also need a full address (including zip code), a telephone number, the reason you are no longer working there, and your first and last dates of work.
* Your Alien Registration Number, if you are not a U.S. citizen.
* If a member of a skilled trades union, the name and local number of your union hall.
APPLY BY TELEPHONE USING A TOUCH-TONE PHONE:
TTY (toll free) 1-888-393-8914