What does it mean to be a "ginger"?

So, I have dirty blond hair, fair skin, green eyes, and lots of freckles on my nose. These two guys that used to be kinda my friends all of a sudden started calling me a "ginger" when I would pass them in the hall. I thought a ginger was somebody with more reddish hair colour? Is there a different kind of "ginger" they're referring too? I really don't like when they do it, because I'm not taking that it's a positive thing.

I am in grade 7 and so are they.

Thanks in advance

asked by Guest in Science | 6227 views | 03-11-2011 at 04:12 AM

I think they probably called you a ginger because of your freckles, and your dirty blonde hair.
But I really don't think you're a ginger. Gingers have red hair.
My advice? Ignore them, they're trying to make you feel bad.
As soon as they realize you don't care, they'll stop calling you that.

answered by Sasha | 03-12-2011 at 05:07 AM

Some guys use the term 'ginger' as something bad, I don't know why. I like girls with red hair, they're so beautiful and unique.

I never understood why sometimes the term is used as some sort of insult or something. Based in your description, I don't think you're a ginger either.

answered by Liam | 03-12-2011 at 07:31 AM

Sorry, but I think your friends are childish and immature. I hate when guys try to make girls feel bad.
Take Amy Adams for example, she is not a ginger, Amy was born with dirty blonde hair.
But because of her white skin and her freckles, she is called a ginger. She doesn't care and uses that as a benefit for her career.
I think you're beautiful, I wish I had green eyes like you do.

answered by Helen | 03-12-2011 at 02:45 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.