Human Torch Dies: Fantastic Four Death?

Who would've thought Fantastic Fourís Human Torch dies? Johnny Storm, the youngest and most hot-headed of the Fantastic Four members was killed off by Marvel Comics. I blame it on the Disney acquisition.

Marvel has made no secret that a member of the quartet would die, but they never said who.

I can't believe they killed such an iconic superhero. I know he might not be really dead but some readers are not going to like this.

How is the Human Torch going to die? How does his death takes place?

asked by Henry in Movies | 2665 views | 01-26-2011 at 05:11 PM

Johnny Stormís life is taken in a battle that writer Jonathan Hickman has been scripting for 18 months.

The Human Torch dies when he goes out in a blaze of glory saving his young niece and nephew from an army of insect creatures in Fantastic Four #587.

I think he will return. Comic book stories, like soap operas, are a never-ending series of twists and turns. And fans of super-heroes have learned that seemingly no death is permanent.

I mean, it's the Fantastic Four. If the Human Torch remains dead, they will have to change their historic name to fantastic three. I don't see that happening.

answered by Marcus | 01-26-2011 at 05:13 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.