New Zodiac Sign Ophiuchus: Is It Real?

Whether or not you're part of group who believe in the astrological signs, who doesn't get a kick comparing their personality to their alleged horoscope traits?

According to astronomers, the 12 original zodiac signs were assigned almost 3,000 years ago, and the position of the Earth in relation to the sun has changed, and that changed our signs along with it. So if you were Aries for example, now you're probably something else.

Under the revised signs I'm officially a Ophiuchus and I don't know a thing about the sign, I didn't even know it existed.

Is the new zodiac sign Ophiuchus real or is it all part of a prank?

asked by Laura in Internet | 3155 views | 01-13-2011 at 10:40 PM

Ophiuchus is definitely real, it has existed since thousands of years ago.

The neglected 13th sign Ophiuchus, the snake-holder, was dropped before the horoscope got big. But now astrologists are including it back in the list of zodiac signs.

If your sign is Ophiuchus, you better get to know the Greek god Asclepius. Because there are some stories in Greek mythology that talk about the god of medicine and healing as being the source of the Ophiuchus constellation.

As the story goes, Aesclepius was a Greek God of medicine and, when trying to bring Orion the Hunter back to life, was taken down by Zeus and cast to the sky with the Greek name Ophiuchus.

The constellation of Ophiuchus is the only sign of the Zodiac which is linked to a real man. This man lived in ancient Egypt around the 27th century BCE, and his name was Imhotep.

answered by Valerie | 01-13-2011 at 10:41 PM

I feel cheated about this. How come they never revealed there was a new sign?
I checked all the new dates an all my family has new signs, it sucks.

answered by Guest | 01-14-2011 at 02:05 AM

If you live in the United States, you are using the Tropical zodiac. The dates have not changed, and there are still only 12 signs.

answered by Guest | 01-14-2011 at 10:33 PM

argh!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
If you live in the United States, you are using the Tropical zodiac. The dates have not changed, and there are still only 12 signs.
How does where you live make a difference? we all live on earth, right? ugh horoscopes are bull anyway!

answered by Guest | 03-16-2011 at 06:11 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.