Bisquick Sausage Balls Recipe?

I am making sausage balls and i want to make them with Bisquick. So i was looking at different recipes and at food network, reviews are mixed but many complain of the balls being too doughy or dry.

Does anyone know of a really good recipe on how to make Sausage Balls with Bisquick?

When using the Bisquick to make them, do I mix the Bisquick according to the package directions for biscuits, or do I just use the plain powder and mix it with the sausage and cheese?
How many calories does Bisquick sausage balls have? what are the nutrition facts?

asked by Guest in Foods | 3781 views | 12-24-2010 at 11:25 PM

When my grandmother was alive, she would make sausage cheese balls for the family at Thanksgiving and Christmas. I have since assumed the honor of preparing these tasty, cheesy, savory treats.

Here's the Bisquick Sausage Balls recipe I like the most.

Ingredients

3 cups Original Bisquick mix
1 pound bulk pork sausage
4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (16 ounces)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crushed
1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley or 1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes
Barbecue sauce or chili sauce, if desired

Directions:
1. Heat oven to 350F. Lightly grease bottom and sides of jelly roll pan, 15 1/2x10 1/2x2x1 inch.
2. Stir together all ingredients, using hands or spoon. Shape mixture into 1-inch balls. Place in pan.
3. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until brown. Immediately remove from pan. Serve warm with sauce for dipping.

Nutritional Information:
Amount Per Serving - Calories: 264 | Total Fat: 19g | Cholesterol: 49mg

You can I keep these in your freezer, thaw a few minutes and reheat at 350 for around 6-8 minutes. They get even better.

answered by Tiffany | 12-24-2010 at 11:26 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.