Frozen Lighthouse: Lake Erie Photos?

There is an amazing video of a frozen lighthouse encased in snow and ice that actually looks like a snow sculpture.

The east of America has been experiencing some unusually cold weather thanks to a blast from the Arctic.

The lighthouse has had the waves of Lake Erie splashed against it so much in the frigid cold weather that the water has frozen over it, turning it into an ice house.
The Lake Erie's lighthouse is news all over the world right now.

Where can I see photos of the frozen lighthouse in Lake Erie?

asked by Issac in Places of the World | 6964 views | 12-16-2010 at 05:23 PM

I posted a photo below.
The Cleveland Harbor West Pierhead Lighthouse in Lake Erie has been shining the way for ships entering the Cuyahoga River since 1911. But now, it has become a tourist attraction of its own, thanks to mother nature covering it in ice.

Sunshine coming through breaks in the clouds illuminated the ice wonders of the frozen lighthouse giving them a seemingly divine, otherwordly appearance.

The photo was taken on Tuesday afternoon in Ohio by U.S. Coast Guard photo by Petty Officer 2nd Class Lauren Jorgensen.

It really looks like a lighthouse you would just see in your dreams.

Frozen Lighthouse Lake Erie

answered by Reed | 12-16-2010 at 05:24 PM

The natural ice sculpture isn't without its dangers however, the ice obscures the actual purpose of the lighthouse.

Many boats might be in danger of hitting the frozen lighthouse at night, since they won't be able to see it.

answered by Guest | 12-16-2010 at 10:05 PM

The frozen lighthouse looks like the frozen palace in Doctor Zhivago. I absolutely love the photo, definitely post card material.
I thought you only saw stuff like this on Tim Burton's movies.

answered by Steve | 12-16-2010 at 10:05 PM

The frozen lighthouse is beautiful. So delicate and so serene.
It looks like an angel's work of art.

answered by Lou | 12-17-2010 at 12:40 AM

When I first saw the video I thought it was created by an artist, then I realized the lighthouse was very real.
Many days have passed now, is the lighthouse still frozen?

answered by Guest | 12-18-2010 at 11:10 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.