HDD Diagnostic Virus?

HDD Diagnostic virus has taken over my computer and I don't know how to fix it.
i got this application called HDD Diagnostic which I'm sure is a virus. I used my anti-virus software but it couldn't find it. Anyone know how to remove it?
It keeps telling me there is a critical error and shutting down the computer. I need to check my facebook and I just can't do it.
On the title "diagnostic" is blue and bolded. it says "11 errors found. Defragmentation is required"

I found the HDD Diagnostic virus on my computer a few hours ago and have been trying, in vain, to fix this problem. I have done full scans four times now and the virus is still there. Can anyone help me?

asked by Angel in Software | 2670 views | 12-08-2010 at 02:35 AM

I also received this HDD Diagnostic virus so I downloaded AVG for free, then scanned my computer and poof the virus is gone.

Hard Drive Diagnostic creates fake warning messages or misleading errors so the victims would believe that their computers are in danger.

If this doesn't work for you do this. Reboot, then hit F8 as it's booting, chose Safe mode with networking, then download Spybot Seach and Destroy which is also a good application and is Freeware. Also Malwarebytes is free and does a good job too.

HDD Diagnostic Virus is something you get while browsing the web. Remember to always have an anti-virus software running on your computer at all times, so any virus is stopped before it infects your computer.

answered by Grady | 12-08-2010 at 02:36 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.