Is The DASH Diet Good for Diabetics?

The DASH diet is becoming very popular as of late, maybe because it's effective and healthy. But is it good for diabetics? I ask because one of my friends has thought about start following the DASH diet but since she has diabetes, she doesn't know if it's safe for her. She also happens to have hypertension and she has to watch what foods she eats because they can be dangerous for her.
So would you please let me know if the DASH diet is actually good for diabetics or not?

asked by Darla in Diet & Fitness | 4376 views | 01-05-2012 at 07:48 PM

The DASH diet is one of the best ones for diabetics. It offers protection for several other diseases too, like osteoporosis, cancer, and heart disease.
Developed by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood institute, the DASH diet actually is designed to lower blood pressure, and help with your diabetes.
The DASH diet is a positive step in managing effects of diabetes in addition to the insulin sensitivity.
So if your friend is interested in following this diet, then she`s doing the right thing.

answered by Marian | 01-05-2012 at 07:54 PM

Hello,
The dash diet is really a "low fast food", "low boxed crap" diet. There are strong socioeconomic issues involved in who eats this diet, and many of the factors that make for eating the diet. It is good for diabetic and heart patients.
Thanks

answered by Areyanna | 03-14-2012 at 07:28 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.