Cartoons From the 70s, 80s and 90s Pics?

I'm searching for pictures of cartoons from the 70s, 80s and 90s. On November 16, an unofficial Facebook cartoon profile picture week began. I didn't pay too much attention at it first but then I noticed many of my Facebook friends started to replace their profile photos with a cartoon character from the 70s, 80s or 90s.
So far I've seen cartoons like the Looney Tunes, the teenage mutant ninja turtles, the Simpsons, the Care Bears, Pinky and the Brain, Sponge Bob, Futurama, The Fairly OddParents, etc.

I've decided to change my profile picture for a cartoon too. My favorite character is Perry the Platypus from Phineas and Ferb.
Is there a website that allows you to download Facebook avatars of cartoon characters from the 70s, 80s and 90s?

asked by Helen in Television | 10535 views | 12-03-2010 at 05:28 AM

For pictures, I suggest you visit sites like:

www.90scartoons.co.uk
www.brainz.org/20-best-cartoons-90s
www.80scartoons.net/toons

Old cartoon are the best, I grew up watching cartoons from the 80s and 90s and they are way better than the cartoons you get to see on TV today. In fact, if you watch the Disney channel or Nickelodeon, you rarely get to see them at all. It's all about shows now.
The period between 1990 and 1999 was the absolute best time for cartoons. Turn on any cartoon today and you'll see images with bold lines and bright colors. This is the new commonly accepted method of drawing them.
It's like kids nowadays prefer to watch Hannah Montana and iCarly, and the TV networks are not making so many cartoons anymore. It's sad really, I remember how good it felt to come back from school, turn on the TV and enjoy my favorite cartoon.

answered by Andy | 12-03-2010 at 05:31 AM

I've also been noticing lots of classic and old TV cartoon characters from my childhood on Facebook, mostly from the 90s.
A friend told me it is a movement in favor of the children, you're supposed to change your picture with you favorite cartoon character.

answered by Kelsey | 12-03-2010 at 06:55 PM

The 90s was definitely the decade of the best cartoon characters.
Who can forget wonderful shows like Rugrats, Hey Arnold, Doug, Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff Girls, The Simpsons and Sponge Bob to name a few? I had the best childhood ever.

answered by Cain | 12-04-2010 at 01:08 AM

Since the trend is to change your facebook pic to that of a favorite childhood cartoon, I went with the Jetsons. But I also love the Flintstones.

I used to love those two because I they're the exact opposite.

answered by Guest | 12-04-2010 at 06:50 AM

One of the cartoons I used to like a lot was about this orange cat that was always getting in trouble. Does anyone remember its name? I spent hours and hours of my childhood watching that show.
It wasn't Garfield, it was another cartoon. I think it's from the 80s.
If anyone remembers the name of the show, please let me know.

answered by Guest | 12-04-2010 at 10:11 PM

Heathcliff
Heathcliff was the troubled orange cat.

answered by Guest | 12-05-2010 at 04:07 AM

My favorite cartoon was always The Smurfs, that was a classic.
I am not too sure where the trend came from but everyone I know has a cartoon as a profile picture.

answered by Guest | 12-05-2010 at 11:48 PM

comment