Should I Let My 12 Year Old Daughter Watch Scott Pilgrim vs. The World?

My daughter is 12 years old, and is turning 13 in February. She is having friends over and wants to watch Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. We have kind of gotten her into watching movies her age, like "Signs", "The Others", "Everything is Illuminated" (which she absolutely loved) and movies that are kind of 13 PG. All of her friends watch movies that are way to old for them anyway, like "Orphan", "The Ring", "Paranormal Activity", "Saw 3D" (new one in theatres), "Kick Ass", "Nightmare on Elm Street", "Lymelife" and movies like that. I was just wondering what kind of things that I should restrict her from watching Scott Pilgrim, what I need to watch out for, what kind of things are in it. Another reason why she absolutely wants to watch this is because it has Michael Cera, and Kieran Culkin, who she is totally obsessed with. Thanks in Advance!

asked by Guest in Movies | 2606 views | 11-12-2010 at 03:26 AM

I loved Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. The script is clever and funny, the special effects are creative and groundbreaking, and the whole movie is awesome.
Michael Cera and Kieran Culkin are just wonderful in the movie.

To answer your question: is it appropriate for kids?
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World features some strong language but it's ultimately age-appropriate for teens.
All of the violence is stylized and cartoonish rather than realistic and bloody.

In many ways, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World is the equivalent of the Twilight Saga for boys. Well, not really but you get my point.

answered by Preston | 11-12-2010 at 11:29 PM

Visually, I have never seen anything like Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. It was innovative and eye-popping.
The movies has some passionate kisses and a couple of hooking-up scenes.

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World is about a boy who must fight all of Ramona's past flames in order to win her love. The underlying point is that everyone carries around baggage from former relationships and, in order to establish a lasting bond, those ghostly memories must be banished. The fighting grows a bit monotonous by the end, but along the way things are pretty exhilarating.

It's up to you, I suggest you watch the movie first. I let my kids watch it, they really liked it.

answered by Vanessa | 11-12-2010 at 11:37 PM

scoot
Yes I've never seen it but i want to though.

answered by Guest | 01-09-2011 at 09:23 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.