Veterans Day Thank You Quotes & Poems?

Where can I find thank you quotes and poems for veterans day 2010?

Veterans Day, the federal holiday on November 11, 2010, also known as Remembrance Day or Armistice Day, is a day where we thank the veterans and active duty military that served and is currently serving so selflessly for the freedom of our country.
My two uncles are veterans and they have facebook accounts. I would like to post something nice in their wall, a thank you quote or poem for Veterans day. Can anyone help me?

asked by David in Holidays | 13450 views | 11-11-2010 at 08:14 PM

Veterans do a great service to our country, risking their lifeto keep us strong, safe and stable. Here are some Inspiring thank you quotes and poems for Veterans Day. I hope you can use any of these.

But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for,
Is their monument to-day, and for aye. - Thomas Dunn English

In war, there are no unwounded soldiers. - José Narosky

"This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave." - Elmer Davis

"How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes!" - Maya Angelou

"When our perils are past, shall our gratitude sleep?" - George Canning

“What a cruel thing is war: to separate and destroy families and friends, and mar the purist joys and happiness God has granted us in this world.” - Gen. Robert E. Lee

“Anyone who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a solder dying on the battlefield will think hard before starting a war.” Otto Von Bismark.

answered by Mercy | 11-11-2010 at 08:15 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.