Is the Post Office Open on Veterans Day?

Is the United States Post office closed on veteran's day 2010? I'm expecting a package on November 11, 2010, yet I don't know if the USPS is closed or open on Veterans day.
On the shipping company's website where i can track all of the details of my package it says the expected delivery date is 11/11/2010 which is Thursday. I just noticed is the same day as veterans day?
Also, is veterans day considered a national holiday?
Any help will be appreciated.

asked by Jackie in Holidays | 1835 views | 11-08-2010 at 06:44 AM

The USPS is closed on Veterans Day, and most other holidays.
Veterans Day is a federal holiday, so the Post Office doesn't deliver, and since most businesses are closed, it wouldn't be cost-effective for UPS to attempt deliveries, either.

In Veterans Day we honor the veterans of wars. They have laid their life on the line for us this is a small thing to do for them in their honor.
Veterans Day used to be called Armistice Day, commemorating the end of World War I. It was expanded in 1954 to encompass all veterans and as such was called Veterans Day by an act of Congress. To commemorate the day most towns have small ceremonies acknowledging and honoring the sacrifice of all military veterans past and present.

answered by Present | 11-08-2010 at 06:45 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.