National Chocolate Day October 28 2010?

Is there such thing as a National Chocolate Day? I heard there's a special day of the year to celebrate chocolate and that the day is October 28, 2010.
But since I've never hear about it before I would like to know if National Chocolate Day is actually celebrated in America. Is it really on October 28? that's today!
Who came up with the idea of National Chocolate Day and how does the country celebrate it?

asked by Dakota in Holidays | 1936 views | 10-28-2010 at 09:12 PM

Thursday October 28, 2010 is National Chocolate Day in America.
National Chocolate Day is a day dedicated to one of the most wonderful culinary creations. Known to be the 'food of God', chocolates, are created from coca beans and was introduced by the Spanish explorers in the 16th century. At that time chocolate was used as food and also as currency. The chocolate brought by Spaniards was also known as bitter drink. The present form of chocolate was introduced by Europeans. They mixed sugar and milk into it and created the taste of chocolate which we enjoy today.

Many chocolate and candy stores celebrate it by offering customers a free sample of its fresh treats during National Chocolate Day on October 28.

International Chocolate Day is September 13th.

Happy National Chocolate Day, everyone. Itís a time when we can all be proud to be chocolate lovers. At least for a day.

answered by Lana | 10-28-2010 at 09:14 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.