Alice in Wonderland Mad Hatter Halloween Costume?

I'm being the Mad Hatter for Halloween, the Johnny Depp Mad Hatter from the Alice in Wonderland movie made by Tim Burton. The problem is, a lot of the costumes are really expensive. i want to try and make my own but i need some help.
Can someone tell me what the he wears? Not the obvious stuff like the hat, but something really unique.
I'm a girl, but I want to still manage to look cute in the Mad Hatter costume if at all possible. Any tips, tricks, ideas?

asked by Faith in Holidays | 1866 views | 10-25-2010 at 10:43 PM

Mad Hatter is a great idea for Halloween.
Well, what you need is an enormous top hat - then you can base the outfit around that. See what you can find in thrift stores, but I'd recommend checking out Halloween/party stores as well.

The top hat is a good start, now take dimes, pins, and cute random items and price tags too, and just glue them or attach them to the hat.

You should find a dark red clown wig, put a top hot on top of it. Wear dark but not black, more of a purple heavy eye-shadow on the bottom eye-lid.

About the shirt, take an old black, brown, or green suit, you can make it look raggedy, and maybe a white brown or black blouse to put underneath it. Then add a VERY crazy big colorful tie.

If you decide that is too much work and you prefer to buy it, in this website you can buy the Mad Hatter costume for about $39.

http://www.partycity.com/product/teen+boys+mad+hatter+costume+deluxe+-+tim+burton's+alice+in+wonderland.do

answered by Troy | 10-25-2010 at 10:44 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.