Sweet Roasted Pumpkin Seed Recipe?

I just finished carving my pumpkin and want to eat the seeds. What is an easy homemade recipe for roasting/baking pumpkin seeds?
I bought a pumpkin for Halloween and me and my husband decided to try and make the seeds to eat i don't know how though.
I want a sweep and easy recipe.

Do i have to wait for the seeds to dry, or just put them right in the oven with some seasoning?

asked by All in Holidays | 2630 views | 10-24-2010 at 11:59 PM

Roasted pumpkin seeds are great. You can use the leftover pumpkin to either carve into a jack 'o lantern, or use it to make homemade pumpkin pie.

There are many recipes, roasted pumpkin seeds are easy to make and you can flavor them however you like -- just make sure you use more salt than you normally would to season something.

Classic sweet roasted pumpkin seeds are prepared with the same seasonings used in pumpkin pie.

Here's an easy recipe.

Sweet Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

Preheat the oven to 300˚ F and gather the simple ingredients:

* 1 cup pumpkin seeds
* 2 teaspoons peanut oil
* 1 pat melted butter (for flavor)
* 1 tablespoon white granulated sugar
* 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
* Pinch of kosher salt
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
* Tiny pinch of ground cloves

Directions:

Toss the seeds in the oil and butter first, then mix the sugar and spices and sprinkle them in. Toss until all the seeds are covered. Spread them out on a pan lined with parchment paper and bake for 40 minutes to an hour, turning them every 10 minutes or so. (The seeds cook low and slow to help keep the sugar from burning.) Your finished seeds should be nicely browned, light and crispy. (They’re real mouth-burners when they first come out, so let them cool for 10 minutes before eating.)

answered by Miss | 10-25-2010 at 12:00 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.