Is Paranormal Activity 2 Real & a True Story?

Is the new movie 'Paranormal Activity 2' based on a true story, did everything happen for real?
I'm just wondering.. is the story real but the movie fake?
Like, they weren't allowed to show the original video, so they recreated everything that happened with actors?

I've read many posts about Paranormal Activity being fake, but I don't know, I watched the movie and it looked pretty real to me.
And is it in the same house? And if not does anyone have any clue why everyone thinks that Paranormal Activity 2 is based on a true story?

asked by Ava in Movies | 156088 views | 10-22-2010 at 03:50 PM

The story of Paranormal Activity 2 is not true and neither is the movie. You can go to the website and the director even said he got the idea for making it by listening to noises in his home.
The makers of Paranormal Activity 2 made it seem real, but it even says in the credits that none of the events in the movie really happened and the whole movie was not true.

I kind of wish Paranormal Activity 2 was based on a true story, because It was really interesting.
The actors use their real names to make it look real. The director films at his own house. Time has an article on this.

A lot of movies are based on real things. Based means taking one very small piece of a story and applying it to the rest of the movie.

So Paranormal Activity 2 was a hoax and was not based off of a real life event, but i will say that the event possible could happen.

answered by Sheen | 10-22-2010 at 03:51 PM

Not real?
That sucks it really looks real. If that was his house I would like there anymore even if it is a movie! It was a pretty crazy movie! They made the last five minutes the best like the first one.I give it ****.

answered by JJJ_ordan | 10-31-2010 at 06:00 PM

You already know
Man, I'm tiered of people down playing something because its easier to disregard something then to accept the truth. Nobody EVER said "This movie is not real". Fear makes people deny the reality of a situation before they take it for what it is. The writer only said what inspired him, not that it was all fake. It's crazy how people twist things to their comfort. Yes it is real.

answered by Eugene | 11-27-2010 at 10:50 AM

Paranormal activity looks reals but it is scary to me.

answered by Guest | 01-09-2011 at 09:10 AM

Not real, its just a low budget movie that looked like it is real.

answered by Guest | 01-25-2011 at 04:17 PM

I peed on myself 3 times during the movie its so real and I about pooped myself.

answered by Guest | 02-09-2011 at 07:21 AM

Who ever says this movie is real is either very gullible or likes to prey on weak minds.

answered by Guest | 02-09-2011 at 07:46 PM

I think that it was a real story but they just say it isn't not to freak the s*** out of everybody.

answered by Guest | 02-13-2011 at 01:00 AM

All people who talk bad about this movie will be attacked by ghosts and demons until next Halloween! Then we will call you the big Holloweaner.

answered by Guest | 02-13-2011 at 01:33 AM

I don't know what to think about the movie...a while ago I was convinced it was real with the first one...now people say it's not real...so what is it?

answered by Guest | 02-15-2011 at 05:54 AM

Honestly I think that it is real if you don't believe in this movie then you don't believe in the devil or demons and if you don't believe in that, then you don't believe in god. Period.

answered by Guest | 02-17-2011 at 05:46 PM

not real
Good story, but not real, the actors and actresses went on the Jay Leno show in 2009, so tell me how Micah Sloat died in EVERY ending of the movie, yet made it to he Jay Leno show.

answered by Guest | 02-18-2011 at 12:59 AM

its faked
The way you know paranormal activity 2 is faked is because of the credits, it says all characters and events are fictitious. And the way you know paranormal activity 1 was faked is because it has an alternate ending, no real life event has alternate ending.

answered by Guest | 02-18-2011 at 08:22 PM

That's a good comment that pretty much proves none of it is true.

answered by Guest | 02-20-2011 at 07:00 PM

I think it was based on a true story because what ever character Micah Sloat was suppose to be in the original story must have died.

answered by Guest | 02-21-2011 at 06:04 AM

OMG.....I am a big Horror fan and love scary movies! But this movie hella freaked me out!! I was tripping on it it all night. The director made it look like real but I dont believe it is. Says in the credits that all actors are fictitious. Thank God!

answered by Guest | 02-22-2011 at 04:45 PM

Is paranormal activity 2 real
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Honestly I think that it is real if you don't believe in this movie then you don't believe in the devil or demons and if you don't believe in that, then you don't believe in god. Period.
You are very gullible. It is possible to believe in spirits and believe the movie is fake. The story was an embellishment of actual events, not necessarily the deaths or the actual names. Strange events happen all the time but it makes it a whole lot easier to sell the movie when people believe the entire story is true.

answered by Guest | 02-27-2011 at 06:37 AM

Well...
I don't think the movie itself is real.. (trust me if it WAS real you'd feel something weird about it even though its just a movie) but it it could have happened before, I've heard and seen on TV people talking about much worse stuff that happened to them...

answered by Guest | 03-10-2011 at 11:46 AM

I got freak out a bit during the movie, because I was watching it alone at 11 pm! Well I was curious about the baby, what did the demon do to that poor little baby boy?!

If any of you guy watched ghost lab in discovery channel, this will tell you something, and that is, " Ghosts doesn't have that kind of strength that can drag you!"

answered by Guest | 03-18-2011 at 04:29 PM

OK if all of this was real, then this kinda stuff would be all over the news and in the papers. people could make big money writing an article for a magazine or something but nobody has bothered because its a lie. And if it was real I don't think you would need to google it because it would be the headline and front page of all those magazines you see at the store. So no, parnormal one and two are NOT real.

answered by Guest | 03-23-2011 at 04:59 AM

Yes, I can believe that this is a real story. But, all the tape from the cameras that were shown in the movie, i can tell that those are not real. The movie was with actors and not the real people. I think it was a very good movie.

answered by Guest | 03-24-2011 at 07:32 PM

It is real
The movie is real I was friends of the families that were in the movie, is the real thing. So all you people need to understand just like the movie Satan is also real and if you choose not to serve God these things can happen.

answered by Guest | 03-24-2011 at 07:53 PM

Eugene you are a Idiot!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
It's crazy how people twist things to their comfort. Yes it is real.
It says in the credits that the events are fictitious=NOT REAL. I'm not saying it couldn't happen because anything is possible, but PA 2 is NOT based on a true story.

answered by Guest | 03-28-2011 at 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
And if it was real I don't think you would need to google it because it would be the headline and front page of all those magazines you see at the store. So no, parnormal one and two are NOT real.
Perfectly said, but there will always be a bunch of morons that believe it no matter what, I bet they think transformers was based on a true story.

answered by Guest | 03-28-2011 at 02:57 PM

Madison
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Honestly I think that it is real if you don't believe in this movie then you don't believe in the devil or demons and if you don't believe in that, then you don't believe in god. Period.
That's not true. It's a movie. I believe in god but i KNOW this movie is fake. Why would someone scream about a spider if it was real? -_- common sense anyway.

answered by Guest | 03-28-2011 at 11:11 PM

At the end of the credits it states "the persons and events in this motion picture are fictitious.any similarity to actual persons or events is unintentional" it's a great horror/thriller film but is not true.

answered by Guest | 03-29-2011 at 10:33 PM

lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Good story, but not real, the actors and actresses went on the Jay Leno show in 2009, so tell me how Micah Sloat died in EVERY ending of the movie, yet made it to he Jay Leno show.
It's called a dramatization son, what do you think they are going to bring the dead one back alive and do it all over again? (I'm not saying the movie is real or not just clarifying it to you.)

answered by Guest | 05-01-2011 at 09:06 AM

real
Well, how do you explain the dog and hunter looking at the same direction and both freak out and s***. You can't train a baby and a dog.

answered by Guest | 05-07-2011 at 12:29 PM

EVIL
The energy that is projected, from all of the souls talking about my actions in this film will make me even more powerful. You're next!

answered by UNKNOWN | 06-27-2011 at 12:24 PM

I don't know what you're smoking but I can easily get my nephew and my dog to do that. Watch the movie untill the credits and open up that thing called your brain and read. It says it's all fake. So for anyone else on this site just get the movie and skip to the credits.

answered by Guest | 07-01-2011 at 04:18 AM

The movie is a re-cut of a true story, although many people don't believe it. The couple was real and awful stuff happened to them. I'm so scared to even think about it.

answered by Guest | 07-10-2011 at 05:38 AM

No, it's not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
It's crazy how people twist things to their comfort. Yes it is real.
Read the credits, at the end it says "the characters and events in this film are fictitious and any similarities with real people and events is unintentional" so, you sir, are stupid.

answered by Cornelius | 07-22-2011 at 03:12 AM

I think this is so real but my friend said the door that closes is a person but I believe in god so I obviously believe in this.
That was real you saw her with the bite on her leg and when she is dragged down the stairs and tripped, get it right its true OK?

answered by Guest | 07-29-2011 at 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Paranormal activity looks reals but it is scary to me.
I cried at the end, I was so scared. Paranormal Activity 2 is a very scary movie, watch it carefully.

answered by Guest | 07-31-2011 at 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Honestly I think that it is real if you don't believe in this movie then you don't believe in the devil or demons and if you don't believe in that, then you don't believe in god. Period.
Are you kidding me? You are an *****. Period.

answered by Guest | 08-05-2011 at 06:33 PM

I have a baby boy and this movie was incredibly hard to watch! I had nightmares for days. Real or not it was scary as hell.....and I laugh at scary movies.

answered by Guest | 08-24-2011 at 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
So no, parnormal one and two are NOT real.
Nope that's not true. You have no idea how much stuff happened, known but the government. Maybe stuff like this happens every year? If the government tells everybody this is true, everybody will freak out, and they want to prevent that.

answered by Guest | 08-31-2011 at 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
The writer only said what inspired him, not that it was all fake.
Exactly what I think, this movie is real, nobody can come up with such detailed stuff in their head. This happened for sure.

answered by Guest | 09-07-2011 at 11:12 PM

No it's not real but it is creepy as f***! Lil' Mrs. Demon from the first movies end this one and now part 3 is coming, couldn't you tell its was fake when a part 2 came out? Anyways no it's not real.

answered by Guest | 09-30-2011 at 04:04 AM

It's definitely not real. But it could be based on a true story, haunted houses with demons exist and there's video of them that prove they are real.
So even though the movie itself is fake, the events are real and happened in many locations

answered by Guest | 10-03-2011 at 02:20 PM

real
No the actors are fictitious. They're not going to get the real people who this actually happened to to make a movie. And I'm pretty sure the people who were really there aren't going to record it. So in my opinion the movie is fake but it is based on a true story.

answered by Bighouse26 | 10-04-2011 at 12:32 AM

To everyone who thinks this movie is based on true events
Everyone who thinks this movie is real or based on true events, relax as it's a movie that seems real because of the camera filming it. It is false & fiction, so take a chill pill & relax to everyone whom believes it's true or based upon true events as it is not & the actors appeared on late night tv Jay Leno & Conan O'Brien. Just because we believe In God as I do does not mean demons will possess your body & If you are very religious then you should know that The Torah,The Bible,& The Koran were written by Men for all human beings & If you have read all 3 then you'll know that every Holy Book was written prior to the next as The Torah the 1st, then the Holy Bible, Then The Holy Koran & In The Holy Koran It actually reads Of The story of Moses & the Israelites wandering the desert for 40 years before entering the Holy Land, The Story of Adam & Eve, The Story of Abraham & his son Ishmahel & Isaac, The Story Of Jesus Christ & his 12 Disciples, actually all 3 Holy Books are actually very similar as the Holy Bible does not have the Story of Mohammed as it was written originally 2 times & the Story of Mohammed had not occurred yet although when King James had William Shakespeare rewrite the King James Bible he could have had The Story of Mohammed included although In Christianity they do not believe In Mohammed.
Religion is the best stories ever told & they seperate mankind from one another & are used as war propaganda to inspire men to kill other human beings as they did in the Crusades or how terrorist use the Holy Koran to falsely make young men to kill other humans with suicide bombing or murder as was the case in the tragedy on September 11th. A. It is a sin to commit suicide or murder another human being plain simple fact, there are no 72 virgins in Heaven to have sex with as when you die your spirit or soul will ascend to Heaven & you will no longer have a physical body just your soul in a spiritual body as sex is impossible after you ascend to Heaven. Fact of the matter is Religion actually separates mankind as it should unite mankind not seperate & cause Wars to take Place.
Religion is the best story ever told. Believe in God not stories written by Men

answered by Arben | 10-07-2011 at 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Well, how do you explain the dog and hunter looking at the same direction and both freak out and s***. You can't train a baby and a dog.
It can be fixed in editing like haven't you seen those dog movies they fix it in editing.

answered by Guest | 10-15-2011 at 05:29 PM

Paranormal Activity-hubby worked on the movie
I can verify for all of you curious fans that, yes, "Paranormal Activity 2" was true. My husband auditioned to help with the sound effects. For some of those low grumbling noises that you heard in the movie, they made him chug several beers and rip a loud fart, whose stench would have the added bonus of making the German Shepherd whine (though, as the humane society verified, the animal was not actually harmed). When he farted, they used a Gauss detector and EMF meter to ensure that some of his soul had actually left his body in the form of pernicious ectoplasm. They took these pains to give even the sound effects an authentic aura, because it was based on an actual haunting.

answered by Guest | 10-19-2011 at 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Honestly I think that it is real if you don't believe in this movie then you don't believe in the devil or demons and if you don't believe in that, then you don't believe in god. Period.
It's not about if this could really happen its the fact that this actually story and filming are not real, they are all actors made the movie to look real.

answered by Guest | 10-19-2011 at 08:20 PM

Of course it's real it all happened right as they where filming it. All the people that where being thrown around where really being thrown around...jk. NO it's not real but the creators have a real good imagination.

answered by lov e lfe | 10-20-2011 at 06:05 PM

First of all in the beginning of the movie it doesn't state whether Paranormal Activity 2 is based on real events or not. They only supply the viewer with information that the families of the deceased and the police department have given the okay to show the events.

If you ask me the movie is remade of something that did happen but no one supposedly knows who and how and what killed these people and took their children. To me it looks like they were being toyed with by robbers or sick people who were probably staking out their house. I wouldn't say that weird things don't happen because they certainly do and the story of selling your soul for power is some truth to it and there might not be any truth to it. But we are the audience the experiment, and how can there be almost no truth to it, no one was concerned with what the house maid was doing because she was a lowly character huh, santeria has been around since before Catholics made God relevant, before religion was written down people believed in good and bad pay attention to what she's doing and what she was trying to say.

I personally don't believe the movie is real but the way the movie starts off I can't believe that something probably happened to theses people not paranormal but someone killed, if the story is real.

answered by Guest | 10-22-2011 at 02:34 AM

When I watch the movie 1 and 2 I was so scared and I couldn't sleep at all for about a week but the movies are not real however if you go on youtube some stuff on there are real and have happened and now number 3 is coming out and I really wanna watch it but i know that I will s*** myself watching it.

answered by Guest | 10-23-2011 at 02:13 PM

No it is not real! Some parts of it is, I guess, and if you even go to the website it tells you it is not real. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, I'm just saying the director did NOT base this movie on a true story. If you're scared that this is real, check the website yourself. It's not based on a true story, Period.

answered by Guest | 10-23-2011 at 03:17 PM

The directors already said that the movie is not a true story, and that they improvise as they film it. They then remove the scenes they don't like and keep the ones they like so they don't even have a proper script for Paranormal Activity 2.

answered by Guest | 10-23-2011 at 08:06 PM

I knew it was fake. Who the hell stops to position a camera is a ghost is pulling your daughter down the stairs. Total Crap. Glad I watched it on video so I could fast forward it.

answered by Guest | 10-23-2011 at 10:25 PM

I didn't know for sure , but thanks to you I can go to sleep and not think I will be dragged out off my bed. I have seen Paranormal Activity 1 and 2 they where really good and scary.

answered by Guest | 10-23-2011 at 10:31 PM

It may be based on real events but last year Micah came to a tanning salon I was working at in a small town, Yuma, AZ so therefore the actresses/actors aren't real!

answered by Guest | 10-25-2011 at 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
Man, I'm tiered of people down playing something because its easier to disregard something then to accept the truth. Nobody EVER said "This movie is not real". Fear makes people deny the reality of a situation before they take it for what it is. The writer only said what inspired him, not that it was all fake. It's crazy how people twist things to their comfort. Yes it is real.
You poor dumb fool. I hope don't still believe in the Easter Bunny as well.

answered by Guest | 10-26-2011 at 08:02 AM

Nobody has actually came out and said that any part of Paranormal activity 2 is true or false I just want a straight answer. Is it a true story or not?

answered by Guest | 10-26-2011 at 12:07 PM

It's just a movie and they even say its not real. I'm tired of people wanting to believe in some extra romantic stories like ghost. I'm not saying ghost can't exist, it's just absolutely no solid evidence on them, just STORIES. If something like this could be captured on film that person would be richer then Steve Jobs (rip no pun intended). It would be the greatest discovery EVER.

answered by Guest | 10-28-2011 at 01:33 AM

I don't know what to believe. It seems that it wouldn't be real but yet part of me thinks it is. My sister believes in spirits and all that. I just got done watching the movie and I think I will sleep just fine tonight. I am a big horror movie fan but this wasn't one of my favorites.

answered by micheletti95 | 10-29-2011 at 05:38 AM

Seriously...
LOOK AT THE DAMN END CREDITS. Seriously people, not a true movie. Good yes, could be believable maybe. But it wasn't. So again look at the credit's and you will be mistaken. So leave it be and enjoy the movie.

answered by Guest | 10-29-2011 at 06:01 PM

Obviously the characters in the movie are real actors. The real question is can this be , in fact based on true life experiences/ facts? I myself have witnessed my mother possessed once before when I was a child. Luckily for me I had family there who knew what to do. These events can happen so don't think it cannot & be careful what you wish for. I do believe in God & have strong faith but there are other powers strong enough to do such a thing. I just want to know if they're hiding something /someone whom they're tryin to portray in the movie.

answered by Guest | 10-31-2011 at 01:32 PM

This kind of paranormal phenomena can happen but the director exaggerated with the story and all the stuff that happened needs a lot of time to occur in a person's life, just watch "The Rite" so you can see what I mean.

answered by Guest | 11-07-2011 at 09:39 PM

The film may not be real but me packing my pants is real. It was really scary the first time I saw it. Then I went to the movies to watch Paranormal Activity 3.
That movie is really scary, it's more scary than the first two.

answered by Guest | 11-10-2011 at 11:13 PM

Middle Ground
I don't really have too much of an opinion whether or not this movie is fake, but I haven't found any legal documents online matching the movie and if it was a demon encounter I'd think it unlikely that the demon would have let the cameras run. I think a lot of it depends on what a person believes in the first place. I also think that even if this movie is fake many people believe that they have had or know people who have had encounters with the paranormal world and those are never filmed. And yes, I will vouch to the bottom of my heart--I have seen a friend of mine possessed by a demon, but I also believed in demons and ghosts beforehand. On the other hand, other witnesses to this event who never believed in demons say that this person was just trying to get attention. Again, I think it really depends on what you belief before you see it.

answered by Guest | 11-13-2011 at 11:58 AM

miss
Guys, it was a great work of fiction, if you enjoyed the movie, that should be enough for you, so chill out, and get over this debate.

answered by You're douches | 11-14-2011 at 09:53 AM

paranormal
It is fake, if someone told you that it is real and a true story it is a lie.
You can see when the movie ends, the credits from the actors and the camera crew, they all work in Hollywood.

answered by Guest | 11-24-2011 at 07:40 PM

I find this discussion lame. I watched the movie, it has dates and times so it is obviously real. Only when a movie is a true story, it has dates so you know when it really happened. Besides, it was taken with a home camera, movies are made with professional cameras, not the ones you buy at any electronics store.

answered by jay | 11-25-2011 at 01:17 PM

If Paranormal Activity is not real, then explain why it has names of people who died?
Wake up people, the movie is very real.
You can tell it is a true story because of the video footage taken with regular security cameras.

answered by bigS | 11-25-2011 at 11:35 PM

It's not real but Demons do
It's a good movie. But it's not real.

But you better believe in Demons. They are just like humans in characteristics. There are dumb, idiotic, stubborn, malicious ones that are easily instructed by humans after striking a deal with them, and there are also those that are beyond control, violent, sadistic, vicious and will inflict maximum damage if one unfortunately happens to cross it's path usually hidden far from the civilized world or trapped somewhere for a reason.

I'm not kidding! What you had seen those stuff from Exorcist 1 did happen to my aunt on her wedding day. Very violent and none of those guys there at the reception could hold her down while waiting for help to arrive. She was an absolute beast externally and internally.

answered by Knights of the Templar | 11-26-2011 at 07:57 PM

Wow.
I'm amazed on how dumb some people are. This movie is obviously fake. So many people in this thread actually think that this movie is real. So many gullible, dumb people.

answered by Guest | 12-01-2011 at 05:27 PM

Me and my hidband were in the movie
OK folks this has gone on long enough the movie wasn't based on true events, neither was it based on a true story. Although it was meant to scare the hell outta people, it's a horror movie so it did it's job, but it was never intended for people to actually believe it was true. It was just a good story that a good director pieced together with thoughts and ideas we threw together. I mean seriously all of you thought it was real so we did a great job putting the movie together and were glad all enjoyed it but it is not true i am sorry for the people who either didn't let it play long enough for the end credits or were just to naive to read it.

answered by katie harris | 12-01-2011 at 11:14 PM

For me it's true, because I also experienced these kind of stuffs in my home, it happens now also. It took me close to think about taking my own life but my dad doesn't believe in me, he loves his house. He is staying in abroad but he doesn't know what's going on here.

answered by Guest | 12-10-2011 at 09:04 PM

inspired
OK here is what it is, part 2 is not real, it was inspired by part 1 which is real, it is a real story that did happen, but was redone by actors and actresses. Regardless it is a good movie and keeps you on your toes and keeps you guessing. The director spent a lot of time on this so y down grade him?

answered by Guest | 12-30-2011 at 06:33 PM

comment
Thread Tools
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.