CNN's Don Lemon Abuse Confession Video?

CNN's Don Lemon revealed to his guests and viewers that he was a victim of sexual abuse when he was a kid.
It happened while discussing the Eddie Long scandal with three members of the Bishop's congregation, Don Lemon admitted that he has been victimized by a sexual predator.

Don Lemon said that he never talked about it and no one in his family knew about the abuse until he was 30.

Here's the video.

What do you think about Don Lemon's public confession on live TV?

asked by Chad in Law & Ethics | 2190 views | 09-27-2010 at 11:42 PM

I was shocked when I heard CNN's Don Lemon say that. He said "I have never admitted this on TV, I'm a victim of a pedophile when I was a kid. Someone who was much older than me."
The three people invited didn't know how to react, it was a shocking confession and a brave move by Don Lemon. I'm sure this confession in CNN will help him deal with the issue, but I feel he's over it. After all, many years have passed.

If anyone has ever been a victim of abuse, they realize that what Lemon said wasn't planned. It is all about the moment. Something in your past triggers a moment that happened years prior in your personal situation.

Don Lemon tweeted about the sudden revelation later, writing, "I had no idea I'd say that on national tv. It just came out. Sadly, it's the truth for so many young men."

I admire Don Lemon for having the guts to do such a courageous thing.

answered by Faith | 09-27-2010 at 11:43 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.