Derek Jeter Fake Hit by Pitch Video?

Derek Jeter was at the plate when a pitch from the Rays' Chad Qualls appeared to hit him on the left arm. It was fake though, slow motion replays showed that the ball hit the end of Derek Jeter's bat. I watched the video and it's very clear in slow motion.
It happened in Wednesday night's game between the New York Yankees and Tampa Bay Rays.
What do you think about Derek Jeter's performance? Should Derek Jeter be applauded for his baseball savvy or is he a cheat?
Should instant replay be accepted to stop cheating?

asked by Adrian in Other - Sports | 2526 views | 09-16-2010 at 07:13 PM

What Jeter did was not unsportsmanlike, not unethical, not cheating.
Derek Jeter confirmed what replays showed: that after he squared to bunt and tried to spin away from an inside pitch by Chad Qualls, the ball struck the knob of his bat, not his elbow. Jeter reacted by wincing dramatically and cradling his elbow, and when he was awarded first base, he did not argue.

Proponents of instant replay in baseball would tell you that these wrongs—and apparently up to 40 percent of other bad calls by umpires would be righted by instant replay. But it would ruin the game.
Cheating is breaking the rules. Deception and cleverness within the rules are edges.

The video of Derek Jeter's apparent hit by pitch.

answered by Home | 09-16-2010 at 07:14 PM

just like a-rod yelling "I got it" and trying to hit the ball out of the glove, it's not cheating but it's cheep and low. Jeter is known for his sportsmanship and dedication for the game but when the times get tough it appears he plays cheep. It's disappointing when someone like him pulls crap like this. I expect it from a-fraud, but not Jeter. So it's not cheating but it tarnishes his formerly solid reputation. . . . and he was the Yank I respected.

answered by Guest | 09-16-2010 at 11:46 PM

I personally think Derek Jeter is a disgrace, due to he has to fake an elbow hit just to get on base so ny can have the advantage. Jeter has to live with the thought of trying to pull a fast one over the rays, but instead it back fired. I would respect Jeter more if he would apologize to the tampa bay rays for his unsportmanship act.

answered by juan centeno | 09-19-2010 at 05:04 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.