Hurricane Earl 2010 Path (MAP)

Hurricane Earl continues to strengthen, and a third storm appeared to be gathering steam off West Africa. If that trend continues, it would become Tropical Storm Fiona.
I want to know where is Hurricane Earl right now and what is its path? Is there a map of Hurricane Earl?
I heard Earl is following a similar path to Danielle. I want to know if there's going to be a landfall.

asked by Maxwell in Weather | 3582 views | 08-27-2010 at 04:52 PM

According to the National Hurricane Center, Hurricane Earl is moving due west at 16 mph. It is forecast to drift ever so slightly northward as it continues on a projected path that will take it just north of the island of Puerto Rico.

Hurricane Earl is expected to follow a path similar to Danielle's, although likely farther to the west, which could mean more of an impact on Bermuda. It is still too early to rule out a possible landfall in the United States or the Caribbean.

Here's Hurricane Earl 2010's path map.

Hurricane Earl 2010 Path map

answered by Helen | 08-27-2010 at 04:53 PM

Earl is continuing to move west through the mid-Atlantic, gaining strength.
Hurricane Earl should take a turn to the northwest eventually, but this won't be until next week.
I'm more worried about Fiona though.

answered by Job | 08-28-2010 at 07:04 AM

The U.S. East Coast has three days to get ready for a possible strike by Hurricane Earl, which strengthened today to a major hurricane with winds of 120 miles per hour about 165 miles east of San Juan, Puerto Rico, a forecaster said.
They're expecting it to hit the Leeward Islands.

answered by Projected Path | 08-30-2010 at 06:10 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.