Satoshi Kon Cancer Death?

Satoshi Kon was a highly acclaimed Japanese anime director. His death took place on Monday, it looks cancer caused his death.
I love all of Satoshi Kon's movies, specially Paprika, he had an awesome imagination.
I found out about his death on the Anime News Network. The site reported that Jim Vowles, a member of the Otakorp Board of Directors for the Otakon anime convention, announced today that Kon had died at the age of 47.
Can anyone tell me what type of cancer Satoshi Kon had?

asked by Brad in Celebrity | 1653 views | 08-25-2010 at 02:33 AM

I didn't know about his cancer. It's such a loss, he had one of the most creative minds in the anime world.
Kon made his name in the U.S. as the director of Perfect Blue, a dark psychological thriller about a pop star-turned-actress who's stalked by a fan, as well as what could be her own ghost.

Satoshi Kon was also known for being the director of Pakrika, Millennium Actress, and Tokyo Godfathers. He made is debut as a director for the movie.

Satoshi was a writer and director revered both within and outside of the anime fandom for creating beautiful pieces of animation that were as suspenseful as they were emotionally moving.
The artistry of Konís films was awesome, and his best work had the ability to bring anime to new audiences.

answered by Ice | 08-25-2010 at 02:35 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.