Is Four Loko Banned?

Is Four LOKO banned in the United States?
Four Loko is an Alcohol Energy Drink that is so powerful, some are saying causes young people to black out.
Four Loko was created by three alumni from Ohio State University in 2006, it was first introduced in Ohio, then Arizona, California and Illinois by the middle of the same year.

Is it true that Four Loko is banned and now it is being sold illegally? My friends always buy Four Loko, is it considered a crime to drink it?

asked by Kaitlyn in Law & Ethics | 113733 views | 08-24-2010 at 07:17 AM

Four Loko is not yet banned in the United States. It is banned however in other countries. The energy drink has brought with it blackout effects on young people who consumed the drink.
Four Loko is the is like drinking eight shots of whiskey or vodka.

After I drank a Four Loko the first time, I felt nauseous.
People have been known to black out from just one can, apart from being 12%alcohol by volume, it also contains a load of caffeine and taurine, this is why it's banned in many countries.

Although authorities have not banned the Four Loko drink in the US, authorities are watching it closely.
Recently the federal government has given a short timeline for the manufacturers of these type of energy drinks to provide proof that adding alcohol intentionally does not pose dangerous health concerns.

Many parents are trying to make Four Loko an illegal drink because they've had so many problems with their kids, but as of right now, it is not illegal to drink a Four Loko.

answered by Alfred | 08-24-2010 at 07:18 AM

that is not true. Four Loko is not like doing 8 shots of whiskey! its 12% alcohol which means it is the same, or close to, many of the strong craft or imports. Delrium Tremous in one example at 11% alcohol! Whiskey is 40% alcohol (80 proof). I'm sure you can do the math.

answered by Guest | 08-24-2010 at 01:52 PM

That's ********! four loko is not at all like 8 shots of whiskey! One can might have you leaning over relaxed but I highly doubt you will black out! Whoever is saying this non-sense needs to go on and keep moving because that is not true!

answered by SLIM69 | 09-04-2010 at 05:32 PM

Don't Underestimate Four Lokos
Slim, you black out. From what I've seen with it, people who consume Four Loko too quickly (usually because it actually tastes pretty good) exhibit all the signs of blacking out: short-term memory loss, inability to retain information while intoxicated (even simple things like "you're shoe's untied" is forgotten within seconds), vomiting, lack of coherence, etc. I will agree with you, however, that it isn't comparable to 8 shots of whiskey. The way that Four Loko works is slightly different than other drinks because the levels of guarine and taurine in the beverage - typically seen in energy drinks such as Red Bull, but in lower doses - accelerate the activation of the alcohol. Let me use an example:

Mark and April are drinking together. Both have a large can of Four Loko and both (for the sake of this scenario) have the same tolerance level for alcohol. Mark decides that he will impress April by drinking his Loko quick, whereas April drinks hers at a more calm pace. Within five minutes, Mark is halfway through his can. He's already starting to feel the effects. Ten minutes later, April is now halfway done with hers, but, is not nearly as intoxicated as Mark, who gets worse with time even after he has stopped drinking his now almost-empty can.

Although, as most everyone knows, tempering your alcohol consumption slows the body's intake therein allowing yourself to absorb the content more safely, Four Loko's is deceiving because it looks like a beer, tastes like an energy drink and doesn't hit immediately, so people don't think they're as drunk as they really are...

answered by Guest | 09-07-2010 at 02:21 PM

OK lemma give my input...4 loko is my drink...i love it and before that i was drinking joose...all it is is a drink that has more alcohol in it than a beer...i love them and if they do ban them i will be emailing ohio state university to find out to make my own...lol...taking away my 4 loko would be like taking candy from a baby!

answered by Guest | 09-07-2010 at 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIM69 View Post
That's ********! four loko is not at all like 8 shots of whiskey! One can might have you leaning over relaxed but I highly doubt you will black out! Whoever is saying this non-sense needs to go on and keep moving because that is not true!
One "drink" contains 0.6 fl oz or 18ml
Fourloco has 24oz at 12% that's 4.8 drinks. One can can put a 180 lbm man at a BAC of 0.12g/dl and one 110lbm girl at 0.18 g/dl

Source: SCIENCE!

answered by Guest | 09-08-2010 at 01:46 PM

lol
it does make you blackout.. my first 4loko I'll never forget. I passed out in my shower and was sick for a day...

answered by Guest | 09-26-2010 at 05:58 AM

Uhm it's alcohol in general?
Most alcoholic drinks makes you black out? Vogka, Rum, Enough beer you drink, Everclear is FAR more dangerous and that's definitely still legal and sold in walmart..? Four Loko's are pretty much only sold in gas stations! So what is the big deal about four loko? Yeah the first time I drank four loko I blacked out, also the first time time I drank vodka I did too, So Four Loko had nothing to do with blacking out or getting sick. I think If this gets banned then all alcohol should that's stupid...What people drink is there business obviously they don't have enough common sense to control there drinking but I guarantee a straight up alcoholic isn't gonna rush to the store to get ...a four loko? Come on now!

answered by Guest | 09-26-2010 at 11:24 AM

dont hate
2 4 lokos = pregame

answered by mr 4 loko | 09-26-2010 at 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
it does make you blackout.. my first 4loko I'll never forget. I passed out in my shower and was sick for a day...
Well sorry to say but it looks like your either a 100 lb girl or just a straight up lightweight. Four Loko is my and all my other friends drink of choice. after drinking them well into the double digits (usually 2 at a time too), i still have yet to black out (knock on wood). Four loko isn't what is making people black out, its the alcohol, so settle yourselves down.

answered by YouGuysAreIdiots | 09-26-2010 at 06:20 PM

LoKo
yeah man same here, I drink 2 at a time, gets you feeling pretty nice and def some blackout/ memory loss, but whatever, if you weren't drinking that you'd be drinking 12 Budweisers and the same thing would be happening!!

answered by Guest | 09-27-2010 at 01:32 AM

common now. lightweights?
EVERY ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE CAN MAKE YOU BLACK OUT. This is so retarded. People are just being irresponsible. Its not the four lokos causing you to blackout, its people not knowing their limit and drinking it too fast and/or too much. I went out last week and had 2 1/2 four lokos. I remember everything from that night, yes, i was very drunk, but I didn't black out. BECAUSE, i drank them all at a reasonable pace. All of you saying it makes you blackout and that it has made you blackout are a bunch of idiots and cant handle your alcohol.

answered by Guest | 09-27-2010 at 11:19 PM

???
Saturday was my first time trying it and that **** is damn strong not even gonna lie and if they say that it can make you black out and all lat, its them that's checking them out and experimenting on it so they should know whats good or bad for you point blank period and if you don't agree than that's on yalls, idc keep bringing it...its not me that's gonna end up with health problems at the end...its you

answered by Guest | 09-28-2010 at 01:01 AM

whats so bad?
On my 21st, i had a four loko before i went out to the bars. it was great for pre drinking and giving you some energy to stay up for a while. that night i had countless drinks after the four loko and i did not black out or experience any negative side effects from the four loko. just dont drink them if you weigh 110 pounds and cant handle any alcohol. those are the people that are probably "blacking out" from them....ridiculous

answered by Guest | 09-28-2010 at 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouGuysAreIdiots View Post
Well sorry to say but it looks like your either a 100 lb girl or just a straight up lightweight. Four Loko is my and all my other friends drink of choice. after drinking them well into the double digits (usually 2 at a time too), i still have yet to black out (knock on wood). Four loko isn't what is making people black out, its the alcohol, so settle yourselves down.
You drink them into the double digits and your still here to talk about it. That's like the time i drank two fifths and a case.

answered by Guest | 09-28-2010 at 04:47 PM

yeahh
Yeah, drinking one four is definitely not 8 shots of whiskey its like 3 beers.
and if you black out after one than your a ***** and should just stick with mikes hard lemonade or something.
i weigh 110 pounds and I'm a 17 year old girl. i drink two fours every time i party and i have never blacked out from it or puked or whatever.
so if people want to ban fours they minus well ban all alcohol bc vodka beers and whatever all make you black out.

answered by Guest | 09-30-2010 at 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
it does make you blackout.. my first 4loko I'll never forget. I passed out in my shower and was sick for a day...
you'll never forget? and yet you blacked out,
you dont ******* make sense

and your also a little ***** bc i am a 17 year old girl and weigh 110 pounds and i drink 2 and feel completely fine

answered by Guest | 09-30-2010 at 02:28 AM

Listen. I'm 21 years old and I'm a 200 pound guy. Seriously people you shouldn't be drinking if your under 21 anyway. Four Loko isn't the reason for passing out or blacking out its all you 16 year olds running around thinking your cool by drinking it. Wait till your older you wont black out, you will have more tolerance. seriously trust me.

answered by Guest | 09-30-2010 at 04:26 AM

I completely agree, all of this news attention and slander is borderline fascist. 8 shots of whiskey? Are you serious?

Its about the equivalent of 6 shots (which in almost 4 times the volume should be consumed at least 4 times slower) or 6 beers.

People are attempting to dismiss their parenting problems, poorly trained store clerks, and irresponsible teenagers, on this alcoholic beverage. I just got done watching a newscast that said no one knew it was alcoholic and it looked like an energy drink. Sure it doesn't look like a budweiser but you can definitely still tell its alcoholic, especially by its clearly marked areas as on any alcoholic beverage.

Furthermore, the "energy drink" content of the beverage is also of no grave concern. I rarely drink these, but on other nights I go out drinking after a long day I will pair up with an energy drink as to not pass out shortly after becoming intoxicated.

BTW, for all of you who are "shocked and appalled that such a thing is available for purchase nearly everywhere" Have you heard of Sparks or Tilt? They came first, up to 9% alcohol in a 12oz can with energy drink; not good enough? Okay how about Tilt's new 12% alcohol in 24oz cans? Still not enough? Heard of JOOSE? 12% alcohol in a 24oz can; all energy drink oriented.

Now, as for the teens who have been hospitalized by this beverage, and everyone who is "blacking out" and "doing crazy things". Put 6 shots of whiskey, or 6 beers back to back and shotgun/slam them all. What's going to happen? As a general rule of thumb, knowing the risks associated with the beverage and the severity of the intoxication that may come with -- I usually limit myself to 1 an hour. True -- that's still a hefty load, however as I previously said, I rarely drink them, and when I do it is for the purpose of getting cheaply intoxicated.

P.S.
I doubt anyone here would be as audacious as to call it "coke in a can" as a news broadcast labeled it "for its intense amount of caffeine and sugar". Let me just break some news to you -- if you get any kind of stimulation effect from this drink, you haven't consumed enough sugar or caffeine in your life (and maybe that's a good thing) however, it would mark you as intolerable to those particular substances. I'd hate to see what would happen to you if you drank a Redline Extreme, or even a 24oz Monster Energy.

answered by Guest | 09-30-2010 at 01:49 PM

Oh and just for the record people, true its not 8 shots; and I'm a pro loko advocate but let me do some math some of you are clearly not capable of doing.

Loko 12% of 24 = 2.88 ounces of "pure alcohol"
Shot 40% of 1.25 = 0.5 ounces of "pure alcohol"

2.88/0.5 = 5.76

Clearly I use the quotations to mark that its not pure alcohol, but by volume that is how much of said alcohol is literally in each marked beverage.

Then the simple division shows you how many times 0.5 can go into 2.88; which shows and proves that a loko is nearly SIX shots. Also, for the person with a giant "e-peen" "drinking loko into the double digits". You're a liar.

Even assuming you want to dismiss my calculations and facts, well use the 3 shot theory (which is incorrect) 10 x 3 = 30. That's heavy drinking even for the biggest alcoholic, and has put numerous people into coma's (as the 21st birthday challenge = 21 shots). Even consumed over 6 hours, your body can only process 1 beer / 1 shot per hour. That means 30 alcoholic servings over 6 hours still leaves your body with 24 in it, and a lethal BAC.

Now applying the real math that number nearly doubles into 57 shots, or even your attempt at being cool "well into the double digits" = 15+ (15x3=45; 15x5.7=75+).

Think before you brag, maybe that first loko has you so twisted when you're chugging a gallon of water you pretend its a loko.

answered by Guest | 09-30-2010 at 02:44 PM

I had my first Four Loko yesterday. I drank it at a slow, and calm pace. I was finished with it in about an hour and fifteen minutes. I was pretty drunk but I didn't black out. I also drank 24 ounces of Heineken shortly after finishing my Four Loko.

And honestly the Four Loko tasted like a shot every time I took a sip. Though I still recall mostly everything I did. I did take a nice hour nap and woke up still somewhat woozy.

Don't understand why Four Loko would be banned. If you black out then don't drink if you can't handle. Also I am a light weight when it comes to drinking. 3 beers and I'm usually feeling it.

answered by Guest | 09-30-2010 at 03:11 PM

You guys arguing over the amount don't seem to get it. It's not just the amount of alcohol, it's the metabolic rate that creates intoxication. It IS the equivalent of 8 drinks metabolized at twice the normal rate. Drink one and check your BAC with a breathalyzer. You will find that you have the equivalent of 8 drinks worth of alcohol in your blood at once although it will last roughly half as long. It's this shock that creates blackouts.

I am a 200 lb 24 y/o male regular drinker. I had one (I drink very fast) and blacked out immediately, then vomited the following morning.

It is dangerous because it is deceptively alcoholic and most people don't understand that the caffeine and guarana amplify it (almost double). Everclear isn't sold in aluminum cans because it isn't meant to be finished in one sitting. This is, and that's what makes it dangerous. An average person could have one or two, thinking it is like ANY other drink, then get behind the wheel with a BAC of .2

answered by Guest | 10-02-2010 at 08:47 PM

jibber jabber
I'm not understanding all of this jibber jabber four loko's are down right an ALCOHOL DRINK!! you can drink any type of alcohol quickly and feel light headed or even think your blacking out, your not its just the alcohol hitting your system anyone who's ever drank knows this feeling. I weight 150 lbs and have found my body sensitive to caffeine which is a main ingredient in FOUR LOCO's but I have drank these, plenty of these I have even had out of state ones (Georgia, Tennessee) which there's only contain 6% alcohol and have yet used this drink as an excuse to blame all of my troubles on like oh they target children under the age.... ******** what about Joose or sparks or tilts hell there's all kind of "energy drink" alcohol buzzes out there i think its funny how four loko gets targeted out of the bunch. If they are so afraid of the ingredients then why can other drinks sell the same **** in there cans but under a different name and less alcohol per volume I mean its completely legal to drink 5 Monster energy drinks but as soon as you put alcohol in the situation then it becomes dangerous... If u are old enough to drink you should be responsible enough which also means knowing your limits if four lokos get banned than als that is going to prove is how ridiculous our "government" really is .

answered by Guest | 10-03-2010 at 12:11 AM

lol drink a four loko and shut up. who cares everything as a risk.

answered by Guest | 10-03-2010 at 12:10 PM

Teens are definably miss using this beverage. There are 15-17 olds drinking it and blacking out, what else do you expect. They are the ones giving them a bad rep. And us the responsible drinkers shouldn't have to pay for their miss usage. I'm 18 and I know I'm not allowed, but i drink them all the time and i never black out, however i don't drink them fast. So maybe that's the only thing they should do is, put a label on the can like maybe" caution don't drink fast, side affects are blackout, nausea etc..lol

Any who they shouldn't be banned and people vote for their new flavors on their website
*sour apple* =]

answered by Guest | 10-03-2010 at 10:02 PM

Had a four loko last night, or this morning actually at around 2:30, no black out just starting to feel the spins at around 6:30. Sleep at 7 up and 9:30 and its now 3:45 later that day. The only i probably feel bad right now id because all i've eaten a pound of hot cheetos and chocolate milk. Kinda feel like I'm gonna chuck all these chips up but hey, good times with good people

answered by Guest | 10-03-2010 at 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
you'll never forget? and yet you blacked out,
you dont ******* make sense

and your also a little ***** bc i am a 17 year old girl and weigh 110 pounds and i drink 2 and feel completely fine
Someone is trying to feel cool. Go back to school.

answered by Guest | 10-04-2010 at 02:21 PM

If four locko is making y'all amateurs black out why the hell you drinking it you all to know how much alcohol you can take bt obviously 12% is too much, lol so stop drinking it.

answered by Guest | 10-04-2010 at 09:49 PM

Yeah, its making you black out because it's kind of called being drunk. Who cares anyways, if they decide to drink then they know the consequences involved. Just like weed is illegal but people still buy and smoke it. Just chill out.

answered by Guest | 10-06-2010 at 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I'm a 15yr old girl and Saturday was my first time trying it and that **** is damn strong not even gonna lie and if they say that it can make you black out and all lat, its them that's checking them out and experimenting on it so they should know whats good or bad for you point blank period and if you don't agree than that's on yalls, idc keep brinkin it...its not me that's gonna end up with health problems at the end...its you
You stupid Little girl. You sound so ignorant. Keep drinking that s**t. You are just another statistic. SMH

answered by Guest | 10-08-2010 at 08:22 PM

ban
I don't feel as though it needs to be banned...Just only sell it in liquor stores...Young kids definitely can't buy it then

answered by Guest | 10-09-2010 at 12:36 AM

I am seriously upset with the garbage that you kids are saying four lokos are bad. Do you scrubs have brains? Alcohol causes blackouts. All this talk is propaganda, if you can't see that ish you're ******* blind. This is straight politics and stupid angry mothers starting this with zero credibility. Fact most women are retarded to begin with and women will say and do anything to get what they want. and what they want is their kids to stop drinking, so they will say and make up enough ******** to have their kids stop drinking. Here is a little hint, banning four lokos will not stop teenagers from drinking. If you disagree with anything i just said you are ******* stupid.

answered by Guest | 10-10-2010 at 01:30 AM

Y'all are definitely retarded. i drank 2 1/2 fourlokos last night with three shots of el jimador. don't get me wrong i was drunk as hell. but still. if you are worried about problems with alcohol or health you probably should be drinking at all. any form of alcohol is damage to your body and is going to alter you state of mind. i don't see anything wrong with fourloko. jagger bombs are probably the worst drink i have had along the lines of getting ****** up. and for the record i am 19 year man at 150lbs

answered by Guest | 10-10-2010 at 06:58 PM

I started reading some of these comments and decided i have to say something.

I didn't even want to continue reading. All of you saying how it makes you so violent, black out, do this that and the third.. you sound like morons. 4 loko is just like any other drink, when you drink too much it f's you up. You drink to much vodka, you're going to black out, you drink to much whiskey you're going to black out. Maybe you guys shouldn't be drinking since you're obviously a retard. If its doing all this **** to you, maybe you should just drink something else and get the hell over it. Stupid a** people i swear.

answered by PINK | 10-10-2010 at 08:28 PM

Well, first off those who are drinking and are blacking out are just some little *****es if you cannot handle your drink then you shouldn't be drinking at all, four lokoz (as i call them) are the **** and should not be banned.. I'm fifteen years old and the most i have drank is 2 and a few beers and it had me feeling pretty damn good.. also i drink with my boyfriend which is 17 and he has consumed 3 four lokoz and at least five beers, so you little dumb ***es need to stfu... oh, and for the worried parents ?? if they are really responsible parents then they would be keeping a better eye on their kids so they don't have to worry right..???

Quote:
four loko isn't the reason for passing out or blacking out its all you 16 year olds running around thinking your cool by drinking it. wait till your older you wont black out, you will have more tolerance. seriously trust me.
and for this i have to say age as nothing to do with how much you consume its how much you can handle...! and we don't think we're cool, we just have nothing better to do fyi..!!
four lokoz are the **** !

answered by SAD3Y3Z' | 10-10-2010 at 08:44 PM

ill never drink one.
4 lokos are really bad for you, noone should drink them because they are an energy drink which keeps you awake and speeds your heart up and the liquor in it slows your heart down and it can be a very dangerous combo. i seen what can happen i had to give my friend since kindergarten CPR multiple times because he stop breathing because of these. i think they should be banned. kids are going to drink if they are banned or not but what they dont realize is what it can do and i seen and know first hand what they can do.

answered by Guest | 10-11-2010 at 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I had my first Four Loko yesterday. I drank it at a slow, and calm pace. I was finished with it in about an hour and fifteen minutes. I was pretty drunk but I didn't black out. I also drank 24 ounces of Heineken shortly after finishing my Four Loko.

And honestly the Four Loko tasted like a shot every time I took a sip. Though I still recall mostly everything I did. I did take a nice hour nap and woke up still somewhat woozy.

Don't understand why Four Loko would be banned. If you black out then don't drink if you can't handle. Also I am a light weight when it comes to drinking. 3 beers and I'm usually feeling it.
AN HOUR AND FIFTEEN MINUTES!!! wtf! you are a ******* *****. you shouldn't even be drinking if you drink that slow. i down 2 lokos in 30 and i'm usually feeling pretty good

answered by Guest | 10-11-2010 at 10:32 PM

love all the little kids like I'M FIFTEEN I'M SEVENTEEN. yeah, no wonder there's reports of blackouts.

answered by Guest | 10-12-2010 at 01:40 AM

4 LoKo Fans
I just recently started drinking 4 loko and I think a can of it is a lot much better than drinking a 6 packs of beers. Those who got black out from drinking it I think it's more like they get black out from drinking any alcohol and they should just stick with coke cola.

answered by Guest | 10-12-2010 at 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
4 lokos are really bad for you, noone should drink them because they are an energy drink which keeps you awake and speeds your heart up and the liquor in it slows your heart down and it can be a very dangerous combo. i seen what can happen i had to give my friend since kindergarten CPR multiple times because he stop breathing because of these. i think they should be banned. kids are going to drink if they are banned or not but what they dont realize is what it can do and i seen and know first hand what they can do.
OMG, COMPLETE AND UTTER BS !!!!!

More fake posts from the nanny-state morons trying to get Four Loko banned. F YOU !

answered by Guest | 10-12-2010 at 01:06 PM

really?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I'm a 15yr old girl and Saturday was my first time trying it and that **** is damn strong not even gonna lie and if they say that it can make you black out and all lat, its them that's checking them out and experimenting on it so they should know whats good or bad for you point blank period and if you don't agree than that's on yalls, idc keep brinkin it...its not me that's gonna end up with health problems at the end...its you
If you're a 15yr old girl, odds are you should be doing homework not bragging about how much you can drink have fun In AA instead of being at your high school graduation. Your parents must be so Damn proud.

answered by IdiotsDontMakeFriends | 10-12-2010 at 03:48 PM

The 15 year old girl post was a fake complete BS post by the Nanny-State morons. They keep posting BS like this all over the internet trying to get Four Loko banned.

answered by RPM | 10-13-2010 at 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouGuysAreIdiots View Post
Well sorry to say but it looks like your either a 100 lb girl or just a straight up lightweight. Four Loko is my and all my other friends drink of choice. after drinking them well into the double digits (usually 2 at a time too), i still have yet to black out (knock on wood). Four loko isn't what is making people black out, its the alcohol, so settle yourselves down.
Look who's calling the kettle black.....YOUR QUOTE: "Four loko isn't what is making people black out, its the alcohol, so settle yourselves down." That dude makes no sense because Four Loko is 12% alcohol! DUH!!!

answered by Guest | 10-13-2010 at 09:07 PM

Alright. Here's the deal. 24 ounces of 4 loko at 12% alcohol per volume. If a normal light beer is anywhere from 4-5% alcohol per volume and comes in a 12 ounce can then a 4 loko is equivalent to anywhere from 5-6 light beers. The reason people get sick off of four loko is more than likely due to the high amounts of caffeine and other stimulants in addition to the heightened amounts of alcohol.

This combination can clearly be seen as something that may have adverse affects on someones stomach especially if someone who drinks one isnt used to the effects of alcohol or energy drinks. However, having said all of this, 4 loko is just like any other alcoholic beverage.

If its abused then of course there are going to be examples of blackouts or other health problems. When it comes down to it if consumed in moderation, 4 loko isnt any more dangerous than large amounts of beer or liquor. Its the consumer's right to be able to consume products like 4 loko and outlawing it wont prevent young teens from drinking alcohol and if the issue is the combination of alcohol and energy drinks then clearly we need to also outlaw all energy drinks and all alcohol because everyone is clearly able to mix them anyway (i.e. red bull and vodka) and to not do so would be hypocritical.

answered by Guest | 10-14-2010 at 06:05 PM

I've only drank it twice and both times I've blacked out.

answered by Guest | 10-15-2010 at 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I've only drank it twice and both times I've blacked out.
BS, BS, BS, BS !

Another BS post from the nanny-state mommies trying to get Four Loko banned.

Go away you idiots !

answered by Guest | 10-15-2010 at 11:25 PM

I was a HUGE fan of the original Sparks with all it's Caffeine, Guarana, Ginseng, etc. I bought 25 cases of it in Jan. 2009 before the new reformulated crap Sparks came out. I have recently started drinking some Four Loko. I can tell you with 100% certainty that Four Loko does NOT contain anywhere near the same amount of "energy" additives that Sparks did. Four Loko has a bunch of alcohol in it but not that much in the "energy" department. I get a much, much bigger energy boost out of the original Sparks. I still have 5 cases of the Original Sparks left.

answered by Guest | 10-16-2010 at 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
yeah man same here, I drink 2 at a time, gets you feeling pretty nice and def some blackout/ memory loss, but whatever, if you weren't drinking that you'd be drinking 12 Budweisers and the same thing would be happening!!
I'm a female and started drinking loko about a year ago. My friend told me about it and I tried it. It didn't make me pass out and i drank two of them along with some other drinks. I ate food an hour b4 I drunk them and I was drinking then at a normal paste not downing them or anything. Then tried them again and tried downing one and it didn't make me pass out it just had me relaxed and laughing..lol. I've tried other things like vodka and blacked out didn't remember much the next day but knew what I was doing the day I was drinking it. I think that different beers and different alcohol have a different effect on different people. Also depending on what people and some of the teens that have passed out have taking along with the four loko such as recreational drugs,pills etc.

answered by misfit | 10-16-2010 at 11:19 PM

4real
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Listen. I'm 21 years old and I'm a 200 pound guy. Seriously people you shouldn't be drinking if your under 21 anyway. Four Loko isn't the reason for passing out or blacking out its all you 16 year olds running around thinking your cool by drinking it. Wait till your older you wont black out, you will have more tolerance. seriously trust me.
Wtf are teens doing drinking lokos or and alcoholic beverage anyways. First off who knows what the hell else they done took along with the lokos anyways. They done probably got high off some s*** or took some kinda pills and that s*** didn't mix. The parents shouldn't try to have the lokos banned from us adults they need to just tighten up there leash around their kids neck and pay them closer attention!!!

answered by Guest | 10-16-2010 at 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
You stupid Little girl. You sound so ignorant. Keep drinking that s**t. You are just another statistic. SMH
smfh. take your silly ghetto a** back to grade school. WTH by the way you spell you probably brought a loko by mistake, not knowing what the hell the label said just wanted some beer with a cool a** color

answered by Guest | 10-16-2010 at 11:44 PM

i just think people should already know they're limits when it comes to any type of alcohol beverage.. siimple!!! 4lokos are bomb baby

answered by imasxcmama909 | 10-17-2010 at 09:33 AM

people who black out from 4loko are clearly dumb sluts at parties trying to get as sh*tfaced as possible so they can get hook up later. it's easily possible to pace yourself while drinking that and not black out.

answered by Guest | 10-17-2010 at 04:09 PM

I didn't bother reading all of the posts from everyone. I glanced and saw that some people think there is nothing wrong with 4 loko and some people that know better. No offense to anyone. I happen to have a older brother (41) who is a great guy. In the past year nobody wants to be around him anymore when he drinks?

Why? Because he drinks that narcotic called Four Loko. His eyes turn red and glossy and you know he's blacked out. You also know that it's time to walk on eggshells around him because the slighted word or the wrong look will set him off. And you really need to be careful if you are family or a loved one because then anger could be extra focused on you. I love to party. And I'm good at drinking!!

I'll spend all day saturday and into the night at my friends pool watching sports, doing shots of VO, Yeager Bombs and whatever else all the while putting down about 15 or 20 beers. I never get angry!! Ever!! I'm a happy drunk and so was my brother until he started drinking that frick'n Loko/Joose CRAP!
It should be banned!! Me and my family and friends hope and pray for the day they are all banned!

answered by So Cal | 10-18-2010 at 09:06 PM

i didn't get into lokos for a while after my friends did and they're already sick of them. but i personally love the way they make me feel. I'm 110lb 17 years old girl and yes, i only need one to get the job done, but i know better not to drink it like an idiot. i love four loko and I'm gonna be so sad if they ban it. people my age just need to learn how to handle their drinks and then it wouldn't have such a bad reputation

answered by Guest | 10-18-2010 at 10:50 PM

I don't think Four Loko's should be BANNED, but I definitely think people should think twice about them. They may seem like nothing but a little alcohol in a brightly colored can, but the reality is they do pack quite the punch. I tried my first Loko at the beginning of this past summer. I only had half a can but it gave me a little buzz. Yes I'm underage, but I know my drinking limit and I'm not a show off. It takes a couple shots to get me to the point where I have a decent buzz.

With Loko's I can drink two of them and be pretty drunk. Like I said before I don't think they should go so far as to ban Four Loko's, I just feel that people shouldn't under estimate them just because they hear people raving about how Four Loko's are the S#!t. Everyone is different, everyone reacts to alcohol differently. Until you are responsible enough to pace yourself and learn how much alcohol you can handle I'd stay away from Four Loko's.

But if you INSIST on drinking them...just drink ONE (slowly) and see where it takes you. Because I don't think the problem is JUST the Four Loko, I think the problem is people not realizing the power a Loko has inside it's pretty can.

answered by Jimmy | 10-19-2010 at 08:15 PM

wow...people on this forum have horrible grammar

answered by Guest | 10-20-2010 at 05:58 AM

4loko
First of all drinking a 4 loko is nothing compared to drinking 8 shots of whiskey. Whiskey has way more alcohol. I don't think they should ban 4 lokos because it is not much of a bad drink. Its actually better than drinking a beer because beer is nothing but alcohol and it has made more problems then 4 lokos.

answered by Guest | 10-21-2010 at 04:46 AM

yo
Its because these ******* kids try to show out and chug it that's why there blacking out i can drink three in an hour and not black out but I'm s**t faced and leaning.

answered by Guest | 10-22-2010 at 03:17 AM

4 loko's are the best just because they taste good people get all worked up. 4 loko's are meant to be consumed by adults not children! all these myths about it and angry parents trying to get it banned are dumb what next whiskey, vodka, and red bull! maybe they should be putting more time into watching and teaching thire kids and not acting like kids themselves and playing the blame game. I have only seen one person bad from 4 lokos and she didn't black out she was wasted and had been drinking all day before and had been drinking after!!! banning the drink is not going to solve your problems better parenting will go a lot farther. there will always be another drink to get you wasted! they tried to ban alcohol once before it didn't last!

answered by LaughingAtThisBull****! | 10-22-2010 at 06:19 AM

IDK
A 4loko is not bad. Who the **** is making up all this **** about it me and my friends usually have one before football games, and it gets you drunk but not to the point where you black out, and its affects wear off in a little over 4 hours, they are so good, LOVE EM!

answered by Jeezy-VTOWN | 10-22-2010 at 02:25 PM

it actually depends on the person and how fast you drink them. personally i have never blacked out off of a four loko but i have gotten pretty sick after drinking two and a half. only drink one and you should be good.

answered by Guest | 10-24-2010 at 12:03 AM

So "they" want to ban a drink that kids get illegally?

answered by Guest | 10-26-2010 at 12:47 AM

Listen people. I'm in my early teens and i have drank four loko's before. These drinks are VERY powerful. Start off with half a can or less, then work your way up from there and find your limit. Being 13-16 and drinking 1&1/2 - 2 cans of four loko is a recipe for disaster.

I just don't understand how people can be SO STUPID and drink as much as they do. They are the people that are giving these drinks a bad rep and ruining it for those who enjoy them responsibly.

The person above was correct when he made the statement about women & mothers. Women will do anything to get what they want, and there's nothing worse then a mother who wants something for her child. Not to mention women over react to just about every thing so its a horrible mix. There fore, people should learn to be responsible with their enjoyment.

L2drink.

answered by Guest | 10-26-2010 at 01:26 AM

Rumor has it that 4lokos have been banned and will not be sold after November 1st?
true/false?

answered by Guest | 10-26-2010 at 05:52 AM

****
screw you guys four lokos rock. grow a pair.

answered by Guest | 10-26-2010 at 02:24 PM

I will agree a four loko is pretty good however it is extremely bad for you. If you look at it from another point besides blacking out and the number of drinks even though it is equivalent to 4 drinks. If you look at how it has alcohol and caffeine. Alcohol is a depressant and slows down your nervous system more specifically your heart. While caffeine is a stimulant that speeds up your nervous system again more specifically your heart. Combining these 2 drugs, cause believe it or not they are drugs, your heart is playing a guessing game. It doesn't know to slow down or speed up. This could cause an irregular heart beat which could possible throw u into cardiac arrest.

I know everyone says, "its not going to happen to me" but dont you think the people that have died from overdoses or alcohol hasn't said it wont happen to me. think about it

i know i wouldn't want to do that to my health or heart.

answered by Guest | 10-26-2010 at 04:01 PM

don't blame the drink, blame the drinker
"One "drink" contains 0.6 fl oz or 18ml"

Dude, come on...one shot is .6fl oz.??? just like one serving of beer is 8fl oz. LOL People are served pints (16fl oz) at bars and shots of booze are 1fl oz minimum...most often 1.5-3fl oz depending on the bar. That's why they post the alcohol content by VOLUME...12% is 12%. 16fl oz of 4 loco is 12% alcohol, just like 100fl oz is still 12%. Wine is typically stronger than 12% and college kids play "wine pong" all the time. I understand the caffeine dangers, but vodka/redbulls and jager bombs are two of the most popular shooter-style drinks to people in their 20s. If you black out from 4 loko you drank too much. Period. Don't blame the drink unless they're lying about the alcohol content. As far as I can tell, they're not.

PS All this media attention is really doing is making sure every college kid out there tries it for themselves to see what all the ruckus is about.

answered by Guest | 10-26-2010 at 05:01 PM

Jingleheimer Schmidt
Ugh... The people that are trying to get this banned must be the parents of some kids that don't know what they're doing. Always looking to blame someone/something. I've been drinking Four Loko for a while and have never had any problems, and that's because I pace myself. Everyone else should try the to do the same. I can't believe they are even considering banning this stuff. This is defiantly not the most dangerous alcoholic drink. Everyone's getting punished for dumb peoples mistakes :|

answered by John Jacob | 10-26-2010 at 05:43 PM

What ever happened to drink responsibily
I was sadden to hear the initial report of underage drinking gone out of control in the small town of Roslyn located about thirty miles or more away from the college town of Ellensburg where Central Washington University is located.

After reading many of the posts, newspaper articles, and viewing new casts from this incident the key term that is often used is "underage drinking" and "kids" yet this doesn't seem to be the focus of the investigation. The fact is that underage drinking happens. Laws are set in place to protect underage drinking but yet it still continues to happen nationwide?

So who is at fault? What about the store clerk that sold the product to the underage drinkers? What about the legal drinking aged old guy at the gas station in Cle Elum who bought the product? What about the underage drinkers who stole the product? Is this part of the investigation?

Furthermore what about the underage drinkers are they being charged with minors in possession or more? I believe that one has to take mandatory classes about drinking as a consequence of underage drinking?

When it really comes down to it shouldn't it be about taking responsibility of your actions? Underage drinking is always going to be a reality the bigger question is teaching our youth about responsibly drinking. It doesn't matter what the product is if kids what to abuse a substance they will find away. Educating our kids about drinking responsibility is a life skill.

answered by Guest | 10-26-2010 at 11:03 PM

As much as i LOVE drinking 4 loko, i agree. it is a whole lot of alcohol to take in one drink. I buy 4 loko when I'm trying to get drunk quick, and obviously so are other people. i do believe that some people are having this side effects because of 4 loko, but i also believe these people are underage binge drinkers AKA college students. the people like my self who drink to get hammered. the drink shouldn't be banned because of underage people when obviously they shouldn't be drinking it in the first place.

answered by Guest | 10-26-2010 at 11:24 PM

I drink 4 lokos because they are easier than liquor. Now granted i wake up with a headache from HELL the next morning, but i have never blacked out, but of course i only drink one and I'm good for the rest of the night. Start @ 8 and done by 12 that's how it should be done. I'm 5'7 130 lbs, i've never had a bad experience with them.

And to the stupid ***** that want 2 drink 2-5 in an HOUR, **** you. You are the reason why they might be banned.

answered by Guest | 10-27-2010 at 12:36 AM

TO ME IT'S TRUE....
Look people if you don't think that drink is bad then you are crazy. I'm 24 and i can say i like to drink, but not with the side effects of being sick the next or blacking out. I know what more than 5 shots of any liquor feels like and i believe that four loko is damn close. Just because it's 12% alc. Doesn't mean s*** cause there are not that many drinks that have all that s*** that loko has. So if you gonna drink just make you know whats enough (and this comment is for adults only!). Kids you need to worry about school, a good job and surviving in this world instead of doing what adults do. You will time for that when you are older.

answered by charmcity | 10-27-2010 at 03:05 AM

four loko
if people are blacking out from this.. then it isn't the only thing they're consuming when they drink, this is a good drink to get you a nice buzz.. and its very tasty. the people blacking out are prob. all underage irresponsible people. four loko is made to be drank alone, and I'm drinking one right now=)

answered by Guest | 10-27-2010 at 04:29 AM

Think before you Drink
To legally consume alcohol you must be 21 years of age in the United States. For good reason if you take into consideration the decision making processes of most young adults entering college. The incident that occurred in Washington State involved Freshman at an off campus party in Rosyln, Washington. The town of Rosyln is beautiful, however, I doubt that the Central Washington students who traveled more than thirty miles off campus were they for recreational activities other than freely binge drinking without the threat of campus police breaking up the party. The fact remains that they were at that party to get wasted with hard alcohol, weed, and Four Loko.

Four Loko is not to blame for binge drinking or all the choices that were made that evening. The fact that several students needed to be hospitalized and only after a young women was found in a Safeway parking lot really speaks volumes to the decision making that was happening that night. Educating college students about the effects of binge drinking is something that needs to be taken seriously.

answered by Guest | 10-27-2010 at 06:32 AM

got the fridge stocked with em!

lol. yes this is a serious issue, yes it always has been, yes it always will be.

alcohol is a dangerous substance... when used improperly. priority number one with drinking (though it almost never is demonstrated) should always be to understand one's limit.

that's why the drinking age is so laughably high... apparently most people under 21 have shown they're not responsible enough to handle drinking... bummer.

I'm a 205 pound, 6'4 19 year old guy. this sh1t is cheap, and I'm broke.

my only experience so far with four loko went down like this: had my roommate (who's 21) buy us some of these bad boys. (two each for my other roommate and i) and the total was right around ten bucks. cant beat it.

we each drank one in a span of about 20 minutes, huge gulps at a time, because we were about to head to a party. (with a dd of course!)

my roommate drinking with me is a little guy. 5'5 and about 145. he couldn't finish his. i polished mine and the last of his off, as i said in about 20 minutes, and was fairly drunk. we went out, and because of the caffeine i guess, i was able to stay up till it wore off. lol. by the time i got home about 5 hours later, i was almost entirely sober.

no big deal.

next time, I'm gonna knock back at least two. but like i said, it's about learning your limit. i was fine with one, so I'm gonna try some more. we'll see how it goes.

if i have issues, hey, there's always 911.

JUST kidding.

answered by Guest | 10-27-2010 at 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouGuysAreIdiots View Post
Well sorry to say but it looks like your either a 100 lb girl or just a straight up lightweight. Four Loko is my and all my other friends drink of choice. after drinking them well into the double digits (usually 2 at a time too), i still have yet to black out (knock on wood). Four loko isn't what is making people black out, its the alcohol, so settle yourselves down.
Definitely a lightweight. I don't even drink that much and I was fine after my first ever Four Loko. Yea, it gets you drunk, but c'mon.

answered by Guest | 10-27-2010 at 03:27 PM

Who cares, it tastes like s***. Try a normal beer.

answered by Guest | 10-28-2010 at 02:26 AM

This is ignorant. you can blackout from any alcoholic beverage !!
I drink em every weekend have yet to blackout or puke. and i'm just a little white girl

answered by kbillz | 10-28-2010 at 01:01 PM

I'm from Ohio and it was created in Ohio i might cry if its banned

answered by Guest | 10-28-2010 at 01:04 PM

Do any of you people claiming that 4 loko isn't bad for you have a degree in science or an understanding of how your body works? I'm not saying it should be band, as the saying goes "buyer beware." The choice is yours do drink whatever you want (as long as your are 21) and that should be the same for 4 loko. With that being said, you should understand that 4 loko is a lot different then just drinking alcohol. The caffeine and guarine in 4 loko are stimulants, they speed up your heart rate. The alcohol is a depressant. Mix them together and you are screwing around with the normal rhythm of your heart and asking for trouble. It has the same affects as speedball (heroine + cocaine), of course at a lesser degree. The extra caffeine also dehydrates you more, which would explain why people feel so crappy the next day. The same goes for drinking red bull and vodka, another drink I wouldn't advise, but of course the decision is yours. Do some research before you say things you don't fully understand.

answered by Guest | 10-28-2010 at 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Do any of you people claiming that 4 loko isn't bad for you have a degree in science or an understanding of how your body works? I'm not saying it should be band, as the saying goes "buyer beware." The choice is yours do drink whatever you want (as long as your are 21) and that should be the same for 4 loko. With that being said, you should understand that 4 loko is a lot different then just drinking alcohol. The caffeine and guarine in 4 loko are stimulants, they speed up your heart rate. The alcohol is a depressant. Mix them together and you are screwing around with the normal rhythm of your heart and asking for trouble. It has the same affects as speedball (heroine + cocaine), of course at a lesser degree. The extra caffeine also dehydrates you more, which would explain why people feel so crappy the next day. The same goes for drinking red bull and vodka, another drink I wouldn't advise, but of course the decision is yours. Do some research before you say things you don't fully understand.
This from the guy that calls guarana "guarine".

answered by Guest | 10-28-2010 at 09:13 PM

Four Loko is definitely not equivalent to 8 shots of whiskey.

However, especially if you're a light-weight, you have to be careful with it. The caffeine masks the feeling of being tipsy, so it's really easy to take in more than you want.

The first time I had a 4 loko, I drank it too quickly and ended up being overcome with nausea and not able to walk home. But I am only 115 pounds, so it does have to do with your tolerance.

Also, the grape flavor is ******* nasty.

answered by Guest | 10-28-2010 at 09:56 PM

After reading this I have come to the conclusion that there is not a single educated drinker of 4 loko who has internet access. All of you are clearly underage idiots.
A) You shouldn't be drinking when you are a 16 year old girl. You will get raped. Fact.
B) 4 loko is disgusting. Be a man and get a 6 pack of something good, it's worth the price.
C) Clearly none of you are in college. If you show up at a party with a 4 loko you will be instantly harassed and probably punched in the face for being a douche.

And I want to stress again to all the teenagers out there reading this. You are not bad ass! You are a douche for drinking 4 loko.

answered by Actually of Age | 10-28-2010 at 10:44 PM

THIS SUMS UP EVERYTHING
I am a 175 pound male that is 17 years old. Ive been drinking Four Lokos for a couple months now, and I have never black out or gotten like ridiculously drunk, and I usually have two at a time. It all depends on how your body works and how it processes it; dont drink them if you black out and throw up, but drink them if you can process them and not get sick. ITS THAT SIMPLE.

answered by Guest | 10-29-2010 at 01:19 AM

as for the energy and alcohol aspect, what about vodka red bull and jager bombs i dont see these getting banned in bars and stores

answered by Guest | 10-29-2010 at 02:40 AM

Seriously?
Four Lokos are not that bad!! I weigh a 160lbs and I can handle 2 lokos perfectly fine, and I'm working on 3!! People say that Four Lokos are the one reason why they blackout, because that's probably the only thing they remember drinking that night. They probably drank a few beers, and had a lot of shots along with the loko or lokos... Yet they blame it all on the Four Loko, if you can't handle it then just don't drink it and let other people enjoy them. End of story

answered by 3Ehurdler | 10-29-2010 at 05:00 AM

I am amazed at how much energy is spent defending alcohol in our nation. 1463 in the state of TX in 2008 died from alcohol-related fatalities. From what I am reading-you are only worried about what you can handle and dismissing what someone else is saying they have experienced. Maybe they are giving you a heads up because YOU may have a tolerance for alcohol but someone you know and love may not. The energy in the four lokos inhibits the feeling of being intoxicated. As a result, it sneaks up on the person consuming it. So, you drink a couple, get behind the wheel, you think you are good but your motor skills tell you otherwise and you end up being another fatality. Something to think about. Informing someone of the possible outcomes to prevent someone from dying or getting alcohol poisoning last I checked wasn't a bad thing. And to someone that drinks this and isn't aware of the potential to black out could find themselves raped...prevention...and looking out for the common man...why is that such a bad thing? The companies are targeting our youth...and they are succeeding. Whatever happened to finding ways of entertainment beyond seeing how much a person can puke and make a complete ass of themselves or become hospitalized...just saying' [exiting soap box]

answered by Guest | 10-29-2010 at 06:57 AM

"After reading this I have come to the conclusion that there is not a single educated drinker of 4 loko who has internet access. All of you are clearly underage idiots.
A) You shouldn't be drinking when you are a 16 year old girl. You will get raped. Fact.
B) 4 loko is disgusting. Be a man and get a 6 pack of something good, it's worth the price.
C) Clearly none of you are in college. If you show up at a party with a 4 loko you will be instantly harassed and probably punched in the face for being a douche.

And I want to stress again to all the teenagers out there reading this. You are not bad ass! You are a douche for drinking 4 loko. [/I]"

You are obviously not an educated drinker of anything...you keep paying $800 a year for your bros to buy you Natty (aka bear piss), and I'll get my Four Loko for cheap. You wouldn't believe that there are some people that beer doesn't really affect, would you frat boy? You drink what works for you, and I'll drink what works for me.

Oh and by the way, yes, I am in college, and therefore I know that no one really brings four loko to parties. It's used for pregaming so you don't have to drink as much of the **** the frats throw at you.

answered by Guest | 10-29-2010 at 06:33 PM

This is funny as hell

You guys all jumping on teenagers for drinking I'm sure half of u guys all drink some when u were a teenager no1 is perfect I'm not going to lie i took my first drink at 16!

and four loko is what my husband drinks and he dont black out but it all depends on your body!

They should not ban the drink people should no what the can and handle and what they cant! y make everyone else go without all because people dont want to maintain them self when they drink!

I'm a mother so i dont drink a lot but I'm not going to lie i have a couple every now and then but i no my limit!

answered by momma42610 | 10-29-2010 at 09:29 PM

hmmmmm! I'm not being rude or anything but honestly 8 straight shots of 99bananas has done far more damage to me than a loko(s) ever has! its all about how much you drink, how much you weigh & what you mix with! if you're mixing lokos w/ other liquor or beer your a** deserves to blackout! like all alcohol adds say DRINK RESPONSIBLY! its not their fault if you act irresponsibly. duecess<3

answered by PrettyyyGirlll_xo | 10-30-2010 at 01:58 AM

if these children are abusing alcohol, that's all it is. It is THEIR fault, not the fault of the drink or the company.

answered by Guest | 10-30-2010 at 07:41 PM

FourLoko
I drink loko every weekend and i remember what happens too., i never black out of faint but i do feel tipsy and feel good, so blacking out is a lie, however it is strong but its not for everybody. Why drink it if u cant take it? why ban it if people like it?

answered by PrettyMik | 10-31-2010 at 06:05 PM

???
Well Four Loko is nothing i drink it in regular basis its people that don't know how to drink. Like on Fridays and Saturdays i Drink 3 four lokos 1 devil spring and 1 bacardi Apple i could still be standing like if nothing happen you just have to do that if ou know how to drink

answered by Guest | 10-31-2010 at 11:09 PM

I'm from PA, and I went to drinkfour and looked at their product locator (http://www.drinkfour.com/#/productlocator/) and there are none sold within 100 miles of my area code, but they're all on the state boarder. I cant find any other hard proof that it's banned though besides my friends telling me it is, and I just bought one last night. I'm so confused!

And in Four Loko's defense, I am a 103 lb girl, and a Four Loko gets me decently drunk. I wouldn't drink a whole two, but that's just me. People told me "that stuff kills people".. but hey, if you drink enough straight liquor in a short period of time that's gonna kill you too. it happens all the time. They just criticize Four Loko because it's new and liquor has been around longer than America.

answered by Guest | 11-01-2010 at 01:34 AM

Really?? i have been drinking four lokos for a while and i have not passed out. one doesn't even make me drunk!!! and i have never blacked out. people are saying that because they don't want kids 2 drink them. i say don't ban them until we see proof of people dying and being hospitalized and everyone has a different way to alcohol just because that person can't theirs doesn't mean you can't.

answered by Guest | 11-01-2010 at 01:41 AM

4 Lokos=God's Piss
FOUR LOKOS ARE THE S***!! They are literally the urine of God!! To the people who say they make you black out... Well maybe they do, but maybe some people want to black out. Or perhaps some people are just p***ys and just can't handle their liquor or don't know what they are doing.
I love Four Lokos for many reasons

1) they taste good
2) they do the job
3) they equal a good time and
4) I can drink about 3 and have a solid pregame right there instead of having like 8 beers and some shots. Bottom line is: FOUR LOKOS=AMAZING They guys that invented this should get the Nobel Prize!

answered by MC X-Rated Frog | 11-01-2010 at 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
On my 21st, i had a four loko before i went out to the bars. it was great for pre drinking and giving you some energy to stay up for a while. that night i had countless drinks after the four loko and i did not black out or experience any negative side effects from the four loko. just dont drink them if you weigh 110 pounds and cant handle any alcohol. those are the people that are probably "blacking out" from them....ridiculous
I'm 5'6"d and weighed in at 112 lbs I drank multiple 4lokos and still felt fine I was drunk but fully conscious of what I was doing. 4lokos are pretty strong but. If a 112lb moderate drinker can handle a multitude of them than I don't think they're all that bad.

answered by Guest | 11-01-2010 at 11:11 PM

yo every drink has the potential to make anybody black out, know your limit and have a good time. 4lokos are not an evil drink but they will get you nice and drunk.

answered by Guest | 11-01-2010 at 11:46 PM

4loko4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal View Post
I didn't bother reading all of the posts from everyone. I glanced and saw that some people think there is nothing wrong with 4 loko and some people that know better. No offense to anyone. I happen to have a older brother (41) who is a great guy. In the past year nobody wants to be around him anymore when he drinks?

I'll spend all day saturday and into the night at my friends pool watching sports, doing shots of VO, Yeager Bombs and whatever else all the while putting down about 15 or 20 beers. I never get angry!! Ever!! I'm a happy drunk and so was my brother until he started drinking that frick'n Loko/Joose CRAP!
It should be banned!! Me and my family and friends hope and pray for the day they are all banned!

well, first of all... its "jager". you should probably get your **** straight before you go all "protect the children" on us.

secondly, most people would probably agree that your brother would be an alcoholic whether he was drinking four LOKO (with a K, because some people can't get the names right.) or not... four loko was clearly just his drink of choice. he'd still be an alcoholic whether we had four lokos or not. some would argue (myself included) that alcoholism is genetic and so either way, he'd be an alcoholic. period. end of story.

as for you 15, 16, 17 year olds... YOU'RE the ones ruining it for everybody else.
it's no wonder the U.S's education is far behind every other well-developed courty in the world.

answered by Guest | 11-02-2010 at 03:26 AM

comment
Thread Tools
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.