Ray Stevens Come To The USA Lyrics?

I'm looking for Ray Stevens' new song lyrics.
Country singer Ray Stevens has released a new song called “Come to the USA,” in which he takes on the weighty subject of illegal immigration.

Ray Stevens even made a video of the Come To The USA video. The video is terrific, Stevens cleverly crams a lot of truth into just a few tuneful minutes and we laugh because it’s all true. Almost too true to bear.

Where can I find the lyrics of "Come To The USA?"

asked by Lizbeth in Music | 5123 views | 06-01-2010 at 09:31 PM

I've always loved Stevens' work, and This is just one more reason. Come to the USA is a hilarious song.
Ray Stevens is a national treasure and a legend. This tune "Come to the USA is one of 15 on his new album "WE THE PEOPLE" which is available on iTunes now and set for release on June 15, 2010.
Can someone please post the lyrics?

Ray Stevens talked about the song with Megyn Kelly on Fox News

“I’m a concerned citizen,” he said. “I think the country’s going down the tubes because of a whole bunch of bad decisions made by our politicians. I applaud the governor of Arizona so much for coming out and taking a stand on this. Don’t get me wrong. I’m for legal immigration 100%. But illegal anything, I’m not for; especially to the extent that illegal immigration has gotten out of control.”

I want the lyrics for this song too.

answered by Felix | 06-01-2010 at 09:37 PM

It's a pretty good song, and makes some good points. But it does have some faults. For example illegals aren't given welfare or healthcare or anything. Still really funny, especially when he's states the punishment in other countries.

The lyrics seem quite straightforward, is there any particular part you don't get?

answered by Guest | 06-05-2010 at 03:36 PM

Wrong answer!
The U.S. issues welfare checks to illegal immigrants on a regular basis who are taking care of their children who were born here in the U.S. They also receive food stamps and commodities. If you lived in Fernley, Nevada you might be better informed. Have a GREAT DAY!

answered by Guest | 08-13-2010 at 01:26 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.