Girl Kills Herself Over Facebook Post From Dad Scam?

There is a new spin on a Facebook scam, that claims a girl killed herself on Christmas Eve after her dad posted a message on her wall.

I think it is a virus and now my computer is infected. When I try to open my anti virus software stuff to run a scan it won't open. No error messages or anything pop up but the window won't show up.

What can I do to delete virus and how do I get rid of the "Girl Kills Herself Over Facebook Post From Dad" thing from Facebook?

asked by Joe in Internet | 1927 views | 12-18-2010 at 09:56 PM

As far as I know it's just a hoax, a viral message thing. It showed up on my friends pages as well but I didn't get a virus.
Just to be sure, run your computer on safe mode and try to run the antivirus again.

Those facebook pages are all phony. Likely viruses, or just people who are bored with their lives and want to see how many people can fall for their pages.

Same thing goes for all those things that ask you to fill out a survey, they are just spam pages, intending on getting your information.

In order to clean your Facebook profile go to Privacy Settings -> "Applications and Websites" settings -> "Applications you use" settings.
Delete the "Girl Kills Herself" thing from your Facebook profile.

answered by Matteo | 12-18-2010 at 09:57 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.