Kellogg’s Cereal Recall June 2010 Details?

The FDA and Kellogg's are recalling four popular cereals because of an uncharacteristic off-flavor and smell coming from the liner of the package.
How can I tell what are the bad Kellogg’s Cereals. I already bought a few boxes but I don't know how to tell if they're affected by the his June 2010 recall.
Can anyone provide more details or maybe a list of all the products recalled?

asked by Colin in Parenting & Children | 1877 views | 06-26-2010 at 01:11 AM

Kellogg’s has announced a voluntary product recall in June 2010 and has asked stores to remove packages of the following cereals from its shelves. The recall is due to an off-flavor and smell coming from the white foil bag liner.
Kellogg’s blames the strange smell and taste changes on the package liner.

Only cereal boxes with the letters "KN" following the Better If Used Before Date are included in the recall. Products with a "KM" designation are NOT included in the recall. In addition, no products in Canada are affected.

Kellogg’s® Apple Jacks®, 17oz

Kellogg’s® Apple Jacks®, 8.7oz

Kellogg’s® Corn Pops®, 12.5oz

Kellogg’s® Corn Pops®, 17.2oz

Kellogg’s® Corn Pops®, 9.2oz

Kellogg’s® Froot Loops®, 12.2oz

Kellogg’s® Froot Loops®, 17oz

Kellogg’s® Froot Loops®, 8.7oz

Kellogg’s® Honey Smacks®, 15.3oz

The company said the chance of serious illness from the smell was low, but the products could cause nausea and diarrhea among sensitive consumers. No other products are a part of this recall, Kellogg added.

About 20 people have complained about the cereals' smell throughout the United States in June 2010, including five who, company spokeswoman J. Adaire Putnam said, reacted with "temporary symptoms of vomiting, nausea, or diarrhea, and reported that they recovered quickly."

The company's press release indicates that consumers should not be concerned of serious health problems from eating the cereal, if they have already consumed some of the boxes included in the recall.

answered by Monique | 06-26-2010 at 01:12 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.