Master Cleanse Weight Loss Results?

The Master Cleanse Diet, also known as the Lemonade Diet, is a liquid diet of water, lemon or lime juice, maple syrup, and cayenne pepper. In other words, you are only allowed to drink lemonade about 6-12 times a day, a glass of salt water, and an herbal laxative tea once or twice a day. The diet was promoted by Stanley Burroughs in his book The Master Cleanser in 1976.
What are the benefits of the Master Cleanse diet? Does it produce real weight loss results?
I want to give it a try but I will only do it if it is worth it and works, I don't want to starve myself for nothing.
Please help me, if you tried, what were your results?

asked by Alfa in Diet & Fitness | 2451 views | 07-12-2010 at 09:17 PM

Those who have tried the cleanse believe that super-detoxifies the body cleaning out years of unhealthy toxic build-up in the body. It resets the body and corrects the ph levels as wells as helps eliminate all the body's addictions including food, alcohol and drug addictions such as smoking. Another result of this detox is that people generally lose a lot of weight, for example you often hear of people losing 20 lbs. within a week, which is not uncommon on this diet. Even famous singer Beyonce Knowles is an advocate of the Master Cleanse Lemonade Diet.

But you have to be careful with the Master Cleanse diet if you're trying to lose weight.

There are cases of people suffering side-effects ranging from bowel problems to potassium depletion after they followed the Master Cleanse diet. It is not for everyone.

The biggest "cleaner" that your body has is the skin. The second biggest is the lungs. After that is the liver, kidneys and colon. Most toxin cleaners that are advertised aim at the working of the colon. These are mostly just laxatives and can do more harm than good.

There are also those who should not partake in a dietary cleanse. Women who are pregnant or nursing are advised to abstain along with those with anemia, eating disorders, diabetes, kidney disease, thyroid disease, autoimmune disease, cancer, terminal illness, certain genetic diseases, and other chronic conditions unless under the supervision of a health care provider.

answered by Elias | 07-12-2010 at 09:18 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.