Lebron James Fathead: 1741 & Benedict Arnold?

Lebron James announced Thursday night that he will sign with the Heat, a deal that is reportedly worth a maximum of $99 million over five years.
Then Gilbert wrote an angry letter insulting Lebron James and clearly stating he was feeling betrayed by Lebron James. So far I understand.
What I don't get is all this Fathead and Benedict Arnold connection to Lebron James.
Also, they just said in CNN Lebron posters or fatheads at 1741 because of James. I don't understand, can someone explain it to me?

asked by Bruce in Basketball | 2991 views | 07-09-2010 at 10:52 PM

Fathead is a company held by Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert -- who last night called Lebron James’s decision an act of cowardly betrayal. They make real size posters of personalities and celebrities.
Dan Gilbert is so mad that he is purposely selling all of Lebron James Fatheads to $17.41, the year of Benedict Arnold’s birth. Lebron James Fatheads normally sell for $99.99.

Benedict Arnold was a general during the American Revolutionary War. He began the war in the Continental Army but later defected to the British Army. He is historically known as a big traitor.

It is pretty obvious that Dan feels betrayed by Lebron James. The Cleveland Cavaliers owner has already written a scathing letter to the fans of Cleveland, calling Lebron the “self titled” King, and vowing to win a title before James and the Miami Heat do.

answered by Timothy | 07-09-2010 at 10:53 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.