The Shocking Tattoo That Got This Girl's Parents Arrested Facebook Virus?

Today I logged into Facebook and in my wall I found a link that said "The Shocking Tattoo That Got This Girl's Parents Arrested."
I clicked on it and now I think I might be infected with a Facebook virus. Or maybe malware or a trojan, I don't know it's some sort of malicious spam.

The thing is I didn't even click on Like for "The Shocking Tattoo That Got This Girl's Parents Arrested" but now it looks that I liked it.
Did anyone had this virus on his or her Facebook profile? Is it really a virus? How do I get rid of it if it is a virus?

asked by Smart in Parenting & Children | 14295 views | 07-04-2010 at 03:03 AM

Do not click 'the shocking tattoo that got the girl's parents arrested'. it is a spam/virus/trojan, bad, stay away.

After you click on it, it says you like it to get more people to click and it's a phishing scam.
It happened the same to me. Now all my friends think that i like that crap and they clicked to see what it is, i guess that is how facebook viruses work.
The virus landed in my face three times today, and clicking it leads to some requirement that I participate in some sponsor's nonsense.

The "shocking tattoo" link leads to a false page...then creates a post in your name saying how much you like it so others will click on it again.

If you see a facebook friend of yours "liking" the *shocking* tattoo that got this girls parents arrested do not click! it is spam!

If you have clicked then you need to run an antivirus application in your computer to delete it.

answered by Pauline | 07-04-2010 at 03:03 AM

The same thing happened to me. I logged in and I had that "Shocking Tattoo" thing on my facebook.
Luckily my brother was aware of the virus and told me not to click on it.
What am I supposed to do? If it is spam, I don't want it there.

Is it safe to delete it or should I just leave it just in case?
I'm so mad at facebook, what a lousy security measures they have.

answered by Mildred | 07-04-2010 at 04:49 AM

Does anyone have the photo of the tattoo that got the girl's parents arrested?
You guys just talk about the virus but what about that photo?

answered by Mario | 07-04-2010 at 04:50 AM

There is no picture... it's a scam... read the blog *******.

answered by Guest | 07-04-2010 at 05:05 AM

The blue waffle is a virus too, but it had pictures. I want pictures dammit!

answered by Guest | 07-04-2010 at 05:33 AM

When you see it on your page or a friends, you can click to Hide it - and you have the option to Report it. Report it as spam and it'll get looked at by FB.

I've already gotten my friends to report it, as did I.

answered by Guest | 07-04-2010 at 06:16 AM

Yes, there's a picture
Maybe *you* didn't get a picture, but *I* sure did: an awesome pubic tattoo of a salmon, facing downward so that the woman's labia form the salmon's mouth.

Maybe there's a virus one going around, but the one I found is legit and pretty flippin' cool.

answered by Pablo del Norte | 07-04-2010 at 06:29 AM

"shocking tattoo that got this girl's parents arrested" apparently IS a virus, spam, whatever, so don't click it. and as for the actual story, it's not the picture that's the story. Evidently some parents tattooed their kids by using a guitar string as the needle, and so got arrested. The headline sounds interesting so some jerk is using it to spread a virus.

answered by Guest | 07-04-2010 at 06:32 AM

The link has been deactivated by facebook.

answered by Guest | 07-04-2010 at 02:06 PM

So it appears Facebook has deactivated the spam link and it is not propagating anymore.
They should have acted more quickly.
I clicked on "The Shocking Tattoo" because it was liked by my friends and I think I have the virus. Since I don't have an antivirus I was thinking about downloading one.

Which one do you recommend?

answered by Peter | 07-04-2010 at 02:40 PM

How do you know if you have the virus? Does it affect Macs? How can you tell if it has infected your Facebook account or computer?

answered by Guest | 07-04-2010 at 03:29 PM

the pic is of a fish tattoo
i got that message since it came from a good friend i clicked on it 2x and got a pic of a women na ked from the waist down with a fish tattooed on it the lips were the lips of the fish but IDK if there is a virus or not since then i have changed my password and deleted the like link on my profile page just in case I will also run a virus scan.

answered by Guest | 07-04-2010 at 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
There is no picture... it's a scam... read the blog *******.
Actually, there are pictures....if you google the phrase the real article does come up.....the incident is real....the facebook thing is a scam.

answered by Guest | 07-05-2010 at 05:47 AM

Not blocked yet
FB has not blocked this spam. I found it on a friends page today...

answered by Guest | 08-25-2010 at 09:46 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.