Ultrasn0w 0.93 Download?

iPhone Dev Team announced just a few minutes back that they were working hard to release tools to jailbreak and unlock iOS 4 and had warned users who relied on software method to unlock iPhone to avoid upgrading to iOS 4 until they have tested their tools with all relevant devices.

I want to download Ultrasn0w 0.93 for windows. Where can I download it from? If the application doesn't work on windows my cousin has a mac so I guess I'll have to unlock my iPhone on his computer.

Any download links for Ultrasn0w 0.93 will be greatly appreciated.
PD: What is the difference between unlock and jailbreak?

asked by Sheen in Controversy | 11692 views | 06-22-2010 at 12:58 AM

The iPhone Dev Team has released ultrasn0w 0.93 for unlocking your new iOS 4. Simply add the Cydia repo: repo666.ultrasn0w.com.
Some important things to consider before working with Ultrasn0w 0.93:

* UltraSn0w 0.93 can unlock baseband 04.26.08, 05.11.07, 05.12.01 and latest 05.13.04. You should first check your iPhone Baseband.
* UltraSn0w 0.93 can unlock firmware iOS 4.0, 3.1.3, 3.1.2, 3.1, 3.0
* iPhone 3GS & iPod Touch 3G owners (especially if you used Spirit for your first JB) should stay away from iOS4 for now.
* Your iPhone must be jailbroken.

So if you have jailbroken your iPhone running iPhone OS 3.1.3 or earlier (up to iPhone OS 3.0) then you should be able to install Ultrasn0w from Cydia to unlock your iPhone.

There is of course the Redsn0w option if you have a 3G, but stay away from any custom packages.

answered by Adam | 06-22-2010 at 01:11 AM

This version of ultrasn0w will unlock all iPhone’s running iOS 4.0. People who had accidentally updated their iPhone’s to 3.1.3 OS and locked their device they can update to iOS 4.o and can unlock their device, Though deveteam have not mentioned about jailbreak tool, so it would be better if we wait for sometime till they come up with their new version of redsn0w.

answered by Rain | 06-22-2010 at 07:34 PM

Jailbreaking and unlocking the iPhone are two different kind of hacks which allow you to take control of your mobile device in different ways.

Jailbreaking is a type of hack that lets you install unapproved third-party applications on your iPhone or iPod Touch from searchable repositories provided by apps like Cydia and Icy.

Unlocking, on the other hand, is a hack that lets you use your iPhone on another cellular network. Here in the U.S., that means you can use the iPhone on T-Mobile instead of AT&T. You have to first jailbreak your phone before you can unlock it, but you don't have to unlock a phone in order to jailbreak it.

answered by Guest | 08-06-2010 at 03:10 AM

Thanks a lot!

answered by Guest | 10-08-2010 at 06:39 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.