Zeltiq Procedure Reviews?

Zeltiq is a company offering a fat-reduction procedure that uses cool temperatures to kill fat cells noninvasively.
Zeltiq is making a lot of buzz because the procedure doesn't require surgery to lose weight and get rid of the fat. But does it really work?

Zeltiq, based in Pleasanton, Calif., believes that patients and clinicians will embrace its treatment, which is based on the principle that fat cells will undergo programmed-cell death, or apoptosis, when exposed to certain cool temperatures.

Have you tried the Zeltiq procedure? Where can I read reviews about it? I'm interested in this.

asked by Alex in Diet & Fitness | 15113 views | 06-16-2010 at 01:24 AM

Zeltiq looks promising. The procedure is an alternative to liposuction and is currently being tested. Zeltiq promises to eliminate fat, but unlike liposuction, there are no incisions.

This procedure kills fat cells by freezing them, and then your body flushes them out.
You won't find a lot of reviews about Zeltiq since the procedure is very new.

It's not for the person who's obese. It's for the person who's pretty close to their ideal body weight and just wants to lose the love handles, back fat, belly fat.

This is a before and after picture of a patience that underwent the Zeltiq procedure.

Zeltiq before and after

As you can see the results are amazing.

The ZELTIQ system utilizes a patented method called Cryolipolysis (the use of precisely controlled cooling to remove fat) that is designed to only kill fat cells. Cryolipolysis is the latest in a series of innovations by Dr. Dieter Manstein and Dr. R. Rox Anderson that originated from The Wellman Center at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, a teaching affiliate for Harvard Medical School.

Within several days the destroyed fat cells begin to shrink, and are then digested by and removed from the body through metabolic processes. Usually within two to four months, patients see a reduction in the area of fat targeted and an improvement in body contour.

Zeltiq is non-surgical. No needles, incisions, pain relievers, or recovery time are needed. Risky side effects are not a problem. The procedure is performed in the doctor's office, and when it is finished the patient can resume his or her normal life without missing a beat.

The cost for Zeltiq isn't cheap. It's about $500 a treatment, and you may need several treatments to notice results.

answered by Elizabeth | 06-16-2010 at 01:38 AM

The researchers proved that the fat cells of our body are more vulnerable to cold than other related tissues, hence this Zeltiq Procedure works effectively without any pains in these areas.

In an interview Dr. Suresh Koneu Zeltiq said, “This is great news for anyone who is reluctant to undergo invasive procedure in order to improve their body shape and appearance”. This process of fat reduction in abdomen will cost around $1,500 to $2,000 depending on the place it will be performed, which is nevertheless, still less expensive than other cosmetic surgeries.

answered by Lenny | 06-16-2010 at 03:10 PM

MD
I have been using LipoEx in my office for 3 years. It uses Radio frequency to heat the fatty tissue to 111 degrees the fatty breaks down and is removed by the lymphatics. It is very effective non surgical approach to fat reductions. It can be used on larger people as well at for body contouring. It takes 8 sessions over 8 weeks. Results can be seen at my website
Realismedicalspa.com I have Zerona and it is less effective by far. I am curious about this new approach but doubt that it will be better than Lipoex.

answered by EB McClendon | 06-16-2010 at 08:58 PM

Right now the procedure is done by Dr. Koneru in San Antonio, Austin, Houston and other cities in Central and South Texas, but in the future, most plastic surgeons will be able to offer the Zeltiq Procedure.
I'm also looking for a review.

answered by Beckett | 06-17-2010 at 04:25 AM

I've had three Zeltiq treatments. One on the lower abdomen and left and right love handles. Each treatment takes one hour - a little more for the prep work. The technician will cover the area to be treated with gel and then affix the device. The zeltiq machine uses suction to pull the area you are treating up into the device where the freezing takes place.

There is a little bit of discomfort at the beginning of the procedure, but once you're frozen, it's painless. The first 10 minutes is the worst, and it's no worse than period cramps, so don't be concerned about pain. After the procedure the area that's been treated will look like a stick of butter. It takes about 2-3 minutes for the area to flatten out again.

There is some numbness for a few hours and you can have some bruising, but nothing serious. I bruise easily and did have a couple of small marks on my lower abdomen, but that's it. I went back to work for the rest of the day. The results are not fully appreciated for as long as 4-6 months, but I saw enough reduction in the first week to be thrilled.

I would highly recommend this procedure to anyone who is looking to reduce belly and love handle fat. It's been 6 months since my procedure and things still look good.

answered by Anne King | 03-30-2011 at 04:18 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.