Big Butter Jesus On Fire Photos?

A large iconic Jesus statue in Ohio named Big Butter Jesus was destroyed after being struck by lightning and catching on fire during a thunderstorm late Monday night leaving just the structure's steel frame.

Does anyone know where can I see photos of the Big Butter Jesus on fire?

The statue is outside of Solid Rock Church near Cincinnati.
Big Butter Jesus, which was officially dubbed King of Kings, was built in 2004 by Solid Rock Church founder Lawrence Bishop. The structure, which apparently cost $250,000, was covered in fiberglass and stood 62 feet tall.

Since so much money was spent in such an insignificant thing like a statue, do you think this is a sign from the real Jesus that is saying a statue like this should have never been built?
Maybe he is mad.
I would appreciate any links to photos of Big Butter Jesus.

asked by Kelsey in Religion | 3095 views | 06-15-2010 at 08:51 PM

Monroe firefighters said the lightning strike set the statue on fire around 11:15 p.m. Monday. Firefighters said at their tallest, the flames reached 100 feet.

Nicknamed “Big Butter Jesus” after the novelty song by comedian Heywood Banks, the hollow statue weighed 16,000 pounds and was Lynch’s tallest piece. It was erected starting in June 2004, and took one year to complete.

The "Big Butter Jesus" statue had stood since 2004 at the evangelical Solid Rock Church along Interstate 75 in Monroe, just north of Cincinnati.

Church members said the lightning strike and destructive fire stunned them, many thought it was a sign they need to pay attention to.
The statue cost $500,000 when it was put in place back in 2004. It was built in Florida and trucked north in pieces then assembled. It took about 8,000 man hours in development and installation.

This is a photo of the Big Butter Jesus statue.

Big Butter Jesus

I don't see the fire as a sign of Jesus.
Damage is estimated at a total of $700,000.

answered by Monroe | 06-15-2010 at 08:52 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.