Time Travelers Wife Quotes?

Where can I find quotes from the book/movie Time Travelers Wife?

asked by Dylan in Movies | 7634 views | 08-14-2009 at 05:46 PM

These are some quotes from the book "Time Travelers Wife". I'm not sure if they have been used on the movie too.

“The compelling thing about art – or making anything, I suppose – is the moment when the vaporous, insubstantial idea becomes a solid there, a substance in the world of substances. Circe, Nimbue, Artemis, Athena, all the sorceresses: they must have known the feeling as they transformed mere men into fabulous creatures, stole the secrets of the magicians, disposed armies: ah, look, there it is, a new thing. Call it a swine, a war, a laurel tree. Call it art. The magic I can make is small magic now, deferred magic. Every day I work, but nothing ever materializes. I feel like Penelope, weaving and unweaving.”

“Time passes and the pain begins to roll in and out as though it’s a woman standing at an ironing board, passing the iron back and forth, back and forth across a white tablecloth.”

“‘She wrote me a poem,”Clare says, again, in wonder. Tears are streaking down her cheeks. I put my arms around her, and she’s back, my wife, Clare, safe and sound on the shore at last after the shipwreck, weeping like a little girl whose mother is waving to her from the deck of the foundering boat.”

“‘Clare, your hair is full of sand,” says Henry. I stop and lean over and beat my hair like a carpet with my hand. A whole beach falls out of it.”

“I am like a caterpillar in a cocoon of paper; all around me are sketches of sculptures, small drawings that seem like moths fluttering against the windows, beating their wings to escape from this tiny space. “

answered by Alexis | 08-14-2009 at 05:47 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.