What's Up With Google Today: Background?

Google went a bit too far today. I typed google.com and there's a huge background image filling all my screen space.
The image in the background is beautiful but it is a bit distracting for my taste.
Just as the Pacman game banner was cool but after a day it was too much, today's wallpaper in the background is a little too much for google.
I use it for fast searches and I feel lost now. Do you like the new google background idea?

Is it possible to remove the background image from google's front page?

asked by Nolan in Internet | 1319 views | 06-10-2010 at 04:44 PM

At least for today, Google will not let you remove their default background wallpaper. You can, however, plaster your own image on top of it. But there's no way to strip them all out; the homepage will keep reverting to photos of Jeff Koons' shiny sculptures.

Today Google began adding background photos to its home page, a huge change for a site that has long prided itself on its classic, minimalist look.

In addition to drawing complaints from some users, the images drew a few mocking comments from Microsoft executives in Europe. Microsoft believes the images are one way in which Google is emulating Microsoft search engine Bing, which features colorful photos.

The background pictures will be featured on the Google homepages of users around the world for 24 hours, Marissa Mayer, Google vice president for search products and user experience, said in a blog post.
She also said the homepage provided a "whole new level of personalisation" for the site.

Users can choose their own images or return to the "classic" Google white background by following the instructions in the lower left-hand corner of the page and creating a Google account.

answered by Albert | 06-10-2010 at 04:50 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.