Does The 400 Calorie Fix Diet Work?

My question is: does the 400 calorie fix diet really work?
I just saw the 400 Calorie Fix Diet on TV and it promises you can lose weight by eating a 400 calorie meal 3 times a day with minimal healthy snacks, but does it really work?
And is it healthy for you? Have anyone tried this diet before? What are your results?

asked by Stephanie in Diet & Fitness | 2603 views | 05-31-2010 at 09:01 PM

The 400 Calorie Fix is a diet book written by Liz Vaccariello, a well known diet author who also wrote the Flat Belly Diet a few years back. The book has achieved a measure of success so I decided to write this review of it.

The name of the book pretty much says it all about the diet itself as the number 400 plays a key role in how this plan works and how the book is written as well. The question is simple: does the 400 calorie fix work or not?

Well it depends.

You need to know how much your eating before you can figure out how much less to eat in order to lose weight. Weight loss isn't always as simple as calories in and out either.

According to a woman who appeared on Rachel Rayís TV show, she managed to lose 6 pounds in 2 days with this plan while the official diet claims you can lose up to 11 pounds in 14 days.

The diet is very simple: you need to eat 3-4 meals each day and each of these meals should include 400 calories.

No food is forbidden as long as you stick to the allotted calorie amount. You can have anything you like but you need to keep the overall calorie consumption at the back of your mind to make sure you donít overeat.

By letting you enjoy the food that you like, you can much more easily stick to this plan and not give in to temptation. The 1,600 calories a day amount is supposed to help you lose weight without feeling starved or suffering from hunger pangs and cravings.

The impressive thing about the 400 Calorie Fix is that it includes 400 recipe ideas for 400 calorie meals. See how the number 400 always repeats itself. This is clever marketing but it is also very helpful to the reader, the kind of marketing I happen to approve of.

With these recipe ideas you will find it much easier to create a variety of meals, although you should know that any weight loss plan that requires calorie counting can prove tedious.

Here are just a few sample meals of the 400 Calorie Fix:

* Stir-Fried Beef & Broccoli at 410 calories
* Shrimp and Scallop Paella, packed with shrimp, scallops, sausage, and rice at 360 calories
* Pot Roast with Pearl Onions and Carrots at 420 calories

Will this diet plan work for you?

There is not a lot of data to support the success rate of this diet plan because it is so new. However, it's a sensible way to eat and doesn't require a drastic change in your diet. This fact alone will enable more people to adhere to the plan.
Try it and see if it works for you.

answered by Meredith | 05-31-2010 at 09:05 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.